Unexpected stop during run

Using VCarve 11.5 to set up a flattening program to level a serving sized piece of wood/epoxy. (12" x 24" x 2", .25 offset, .02 cutting depth, 1 pass, raster)

Began the program on the CNC machine as usual and without incident.

About third of the way during the run, the machine stopped at one edge of the work piece. It reset X/Y/Z to “Unhomed”. It set error “under” to the X/Y. And it set “Over” to the Z.

Rebooted the CNC machine, and ran the program again. Same issue happened about half way through.

I turned off dust collection (just trying anything), rebooted everything. Ran the program without incident. I then ran the program yet again without problems.

Any ideas about the unscheduled termination? Static electricity from the shop vac?
Is there a way to begin where the stop occurred?

are you on the 1.1.X firmware? If so this is one of the known bugs. Flash back to 1.0.9 or jump to 1.2:

1 Like

On first read, the reflash looks a bit intimidating. Is it easier/quicker/better to just upgrade to version 1.2??
rick

| OnefinityCNC Onefinity Support Leader
January 11 |

• | - |

are you on the 1.1.X firmware? If so this is one of the known bugs. Flash back to 1.0.9 or jump to 1.2:

No, you MUST flash to get all traces of 1.1.X off of the system.

1 Like

Is here anything special about the SD card? Could I just pick up a new one and flash that card so I could have a backup ready? Or I might want to install the latest version on a new card thereby preserving the current state of the system in case the latest fails for some reason. Also, could I pick up a 64 GB card or larger and get more storage? Just a thought…

Nothing special about the sd!

Great! Thanks for response.

I re-flashed the operating system as suggested. Everything booted up ok. When I selected the “home” the machine, it gave me a “Cannot enter homing cycle while in jogging cycle” error. Anything i need to worry about?
I rebooted the machine again and it started the homing process but stopped short on the Y axis. I changed the stall current setting to 1.2 and it seems to work now.
I think I’m close to having it work again.
Should I consider upgrading to 1.2??? Any advantages?

1 Like