Magnetic Mount for JTech

This is a drag knife from Thingiverse that I’ve downloaded and printed.

It is 3 3D printed parts and requires 2 bearings and a 1/4” bolt, cut to fit in the router.

The author, Italy, has a newer version that is sturdier.

I do not have experience with this one, but it looks sturdier.

2 Likes

@BNB187 @USAF_Paul Thanks for designing this! I’m going to go the 3D printed route. Have you noticed any issues using this adapter as far as accuracy or anything? My Onefinity and laser were just shipped so I’m excited to try this out.

I haven’t been using my laser much lately. The machined version is pretty tight clearances. Haven’t seen any issue with accuracy. The regular jTech mount is magnetic as well so I can’t imagine this will impact accuracy. Just moves the laser forward a bit more so you will lose a bit of useable area on the back side of machine.

Thanks Mike. I’m glad you brought up the point about it sticking out more as I built an enclosure. Does the laser stick out more than the dust boot?

I would be very interested in buying one if you are considering that approach.

Not too sure, I don’t think so I can check next time I’m in the shop.

I may make a few up down the road to sell, but right now I’m too busy to look at it. There have been some folks 3D printing them I believe there’s a file on here for that. You could get a printing service to make them for you if you don’t have access to a 3D printer.

1 Like

Mike, I’ve since received my Onefinity and laser and everything fits fine in my enclosure. I did 3D print your mount but messed up gluing in the magnets and it’s a mess now. Hopefully I get it right the second time.

1 Like

Mr. Bogart,
I really thank you for this, I’ve been removing the supplied mount to use charlies companion to onefinity, but I got a problen I only been able to open the aspire file “Laser Mounting Block CRV3d”
But the mate to this I can not find, hoping I can bother you to send that file,ty

Hi sorry for the delay… very busy this week. I believe both blocks should be in that file just saved as different tool paths and layers. I’ll confirm this on the weekend and get back to you.

Cheers!

No sir mr. Bogart I was able to open it in vectric vcarve Pro had to just import it I’m having it made now should be done Monday I’m taking off on a trip but it will be none too late today I was doing a carve and the Makita with the provided mount for jtech crashed into the suckit boot
Thank God for good glue

I’m not sure what you’re asking of me. I opened the file from the Google Drive link and it indeed contains both the male and female blocks in the Vectric file. Please see pic below. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Yes sir ice been able to open it, my apologize sir
Appreciate your professionalism in quick response. Thanks for file I need this so i can stop breaking my dust boot

Could anyone please tell me the hole size and pitch of the 4 laser mounting holes on the front of the Makita clamp please?
Thanks in advance

M5x0.8. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thanks, I was also hoping for the dimensions of the 4 mounting holes i.e. what spacing or pitch they are from each other?

Here’s the dims I used from the Corian blocks I made.

3 Likes

Many thanks Mike!!!

Hi Paul - do you have that version with the shallower holes handy? Thanks!

Sure do. I’m not near my computer, but I’ll post them tomorrow.

—Paul

1 Like