Masso G3 ATC build update - F360 subroutines for multiple tools/paths and first cuts

A lot of work has led up to this successful first cut.
With help from Masso forum members/experts I now have a successful workaround for the lack of ATC support in F360 personal addition. I learned a lot about g and m codes, as well as using subroutines, both being quite powerful once they are understood and their use is mastered (I am not a master yet :grinning:).
I tested this by creating four toolpaths that make use of three different endmills, and using machinable wax as the test material as a safety measure.
I have linked a video which shows a surfacing toolpath using a 21mm double insert endmill, followed by a 2D adaptive toolpath with a 6.35mm O flute UC endmill, then 2D pocket and finishing toolpaths both with a 6.35mm two flute UC endmill. The video shows the tool changes as well as the cuts. Note: I had done the surfacing toolpath as a test before starting the video, so in the video it follows the path but is not cutting wax).
As an aside, the final cuts were within +0.02 - 0.04mm of the CAD design dimensions. Next tests will be on aluminum.

7 Likes

Well Done Tom, great job

Thank you Dave. I am really looking forward now to continuing to gain experience with F360 CAM and producing more test parts in various materials.

1 Like

Impressed as ever. Whilst iā€™m interested in the masso controller i think atc is beyond me.

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what you get f360 to do.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, look forward to see what you come up with.

1 Like