Masso G3 Work Offset Selection

Greetings,
When I’m in the probing screen, what are the G54 thru G59 buttons for? Does it store the probed XYZ values or does recall them?

Russ

Hey Russel,

these are work offset coordinate systems. By default the G54 system is active. If you program a second coordinate system by entering offset values and switch to it with G55, you can run the same program at a different location on your waste board. You could have a number of fences with blanks on them on your wasteboard and with these offset coordinate systems, you could apply the same program on them, one by one.

The values are usually available in parameters #5221#5386, and the currently ative coordinate system is stored in parameter #5220, but on the Masso, it seems the support of RS274/NGC G-code is incomplete.

– Source: NIST RS274NGC language (G-code)

See also

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I understand the concept of work offsets and have used them before.
What I don’t understand is what happens when you select on the screen the G54 thru G59 buttons?
So when you say “switch it to” do you mean I go into the probe screen and select G55 and then my current work offset is the coordinates for G55? By select I mean, while in the probe screen tap the screen where the text G55 is.

Russ

Hey Russ,

you can switch to a coordinate system either by entering “G55” in the manual data interface (MDI) or by tapping on the corresponding button.

The effect is that your work offset has changed, and if you run a program suqsequently, it will run on the coordinate system that you entered in the G55’s values fields.

1 Like