Masso -myWorkshop

I received an email from Masso about an account is being setup for me. I was wondering if this is legit? Please let share if anybody received a similar email, thanks. Below is the screenshot of an email.

James

1 Like

Not me , my Elite came a month ago
Pat

Thanks for the response. Mine came about that time too. But this is straight from Masso so I am afraid to click on the link they provided.

I hear you, we get so many scam emails, I would email Masso direct to find out if it is real or not.
Pat

2 Likes

It is legit. It appears to be sent from Onefinity to Masso. It is basically your registration with Masso for the controller.
It also provides a link for software downloads.

2 Likes

i got the same thing today. - the email addy looks legit

you would have thought there would have been a heads up from OF, but maybe i just missed the announcement.

edit: its def legit.

1 Like

absolutely, an email from 1F for heads up would be nice. Thanks for confirming and I wasn’t the only one that received the email.

James

3 Likes

so went and downloaded the ‘software’ file that is listed in the Masso-myworkshop

this is the file they have you download

G3-14923 - MASSO 5-Axis v5.03, WiFi, Touch.HTG

which is different than the @OnefinityCNC crew points us to in this official thread

curious if there is any difference? benefit of one or the other.

1 Like

The file you downloaded is the base software that runs the Masso. It’s not the same as the 1F setup file. Masso sent me a new control board, that’s how I know. It comes completely blank out of the box, so you download that file to your USB and can get your board up and running.

2 Likes

This is legit and is automatically created when a machine is paired with a customer! It’s coming to you soon!

2 Likes

I got my machine a while back but no email from Masso

I didn’t get an email either.

Neither did I. No emails and I have had the Elite for two weeks.

Is there a 1F video on how to set-up the software?

There is no need. It comes preinstalled.

I received my email from Masso after I purchased the pendant.