Masso tool setter wiring problem

I just can’t figure this out Help. I have another cnc which i changed over to Masso g3 to and my Rotary. Now I have purchased the onefinity inc elite forman and while trying to add my tool setter ( I have my own which I love ) which i have on my other unit and wired it the same way i get nothing. Now if the spindle pwn is already grd to the G3 and i use my one wire from my TP and place it on input 11 i should get a low to hight change but i get nothing any help would be great see photos of my problem.

I do not have an Elite, but built my own setup based on a Masso G3 and ATC spindle.
Below is what Masso shows as the correct wiring/settings:

Link to manual … How Tool Setter Works

Recent Masso forum discussion on this topic … https://forums.masso.com.au/threads/tool-setter-question.3786/

Wiring diagrams from Masso manual …

From your image, I am not sure how Onefinity has it wired, or what the two wires going into Input #11 (same ferule) are connecting.

@Gman Mark, I’m not sure if you have it wired correctly; but, it looks like you haven’t changed the Tool Setter to “LOW”. On your F1 screen, click once on Tool 11 (your Tool Setter) and press the space bar to cycle it to “LOW”. That might be what your issue is.

Jay

From the linked manual…

Tool Setter Logic

• The normal state for the tool setter when not active must be LOW as shown below or it will not work.
  • If your input shows HIGH then highlight the input by clicking with the mouse and press the Spacebar to invert the logic to show LOW.

Yes thank you. This is what I did on my CAD/CAM unit and now on 1f It would not work on the one finity as they added a separate control board for the 3 double pins on the back. I removed it and wired it as per masso and all is great. Also noticed that the grd on the pwn spindle that is connected to grd on the g3 does not work for grounding the tool setter this was confusing as it should so I just added my own to the cnc frame screw.

Thank you again for reading and offering some help

Mark

All fix now and photo was only to show where it was listed. And you are correct on changing from high to low. I listed the solution in the first reply

Thank you for taking the time to help

Mark

1 Like