Morgan waste board

Anyone know where to source the metal pins he used in the video thanks for any info

I bought a box of 30 - 1/2" x 3" dowel pins from AFT Fasteners. I think I had a total of about $45.00 including shipping. I took 6 pins and cut them in half with my angle grinders and a 1/8" abrasive disk. I took 4 other pins and cut them into thirds. I now have:

12 - 1/2" x 1" pins
12 - 1/2" x 1.5" pins
20 - 1/2" x 3" pins

I also drew up a simple cam clamp to use on the table. Let me know and I can post the Vectric file or a SVG of it.

I hope this helps.

Dirkus

1 Like

I read that as 30½" x 3" thinking they were huge!

Made an edit to my post to try and clarify.

Thanks!

Thank you sir …Just getting started as I just flatten the mdf and saw the Morgan video and want to get some good plywood and attach to top of mdf.
Thanks again Craig in ocala fl

1 Like

Hi all, I bought the waste-board PDF from Etsy. The bill of materials calls out a 90 degree V-bit. I see the shank size. I do not see the required bit diameter. Can anyone advise please? I’m new, a link to a good bit would be appreciated. Thanks all.

You shouldn’t need a V bit for the wasteboard, you will however need a 14 degree dovetail bit. The shank size can be anything that fits in your router/spindle.

How odd it’s in the bill of materials. I have the MatchFit dovetail bit. The exact bit isn’t given in the PDF. I think this is it, can you confirm? Thanks. https://a.co/d/4cTEhNO

Hi Dustin,

It’s probably for chamfering the top of the slots. Zooming in on the slots in the video it looks like they are chamfered. Probably wouldn’t need to be a very big V-bit. May want to message the seller.

1 Like

Ah, if ypu are using the matchfit dovetail bit, it does the chamfer all in one pass. You will need to do a 1/4 full depth pass with a straight bit first before doing the dovetail then the 90 degree if you are not using the matchfit.

2 Likes

This is the bit i used, didnt need the 90 v-bit.