My OneFinity Setup with 5 Upgrades

Hello Dan, love your vids and info thank you. I saw your vid on the ELEGOO Mars and thinking about jumping in head first with a Anycube Photon Mono X my plans are to use it to make upgrade parts for my 1F and have some other projects in mind also. Plus resin printing is very cool. Coming from a semiconductor manufacturing background some of the principles are very similar. Any advise?

Hi Scott,
good to hear from you. I have done a lot of 3D printing over the past 5 years (I used to teach it in school). I have only started using a resin printer this past year. I mainly bought it to do detailed parts for the R2D2 I am building. I really wanted to avoid the clean up using alcohol based solvents so I have only been printing with water washable resin. So far I am very happy with the prints and cleanup. I also bought an Elegoo curing station. It can wash parts but I usually wash my parts in a sink and then place them in the curing station. I have been putting the parts in a large bottle of water inside the curing station. This helps cure them better and prevents the outer layer from drying out too much. The machine you are looking at is much larger than mine so you will be able to do a lot with it. Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions shoot me an email.
Dan

@cyberreefguru I wouldn’t say there aren’t any good entry level cnc machines at the sub $1000 mark. Check out the LongMill from Sienci Labs.

This is the one I almost got but ultimately decided to pull the trigger on the Onefinity.

What is the width and depth of the table?

Hi Fred. It is 48" wide and 44" deep.
Dan

This is EXACTLY my story, too. So thankful for the @MyersWoodshop YouTube channel!

4 Likes

Glad I can help ya’ll out!

Haha. Same for me. Ordered my 1F last week.

1 Like

Yeah carbide3d seamed scared of 3D printing. My first machine I used was a 3D printer, felt somewhat alienated, they’re both different machines for different tasks. If you put a 3D printed attachment on your cnc, doesn’t mean you conceded to never use a cnc again…

your video helped me in my decision on getting one. so excited to get mine. love the upgrades