My OneFinity Setup with 5 Upgrades

Here is a link to a video showing my setup and upgrades. Thanks OneFinity!
Dan

28 Likes

Nicely Done Dan!

Well built and configured OF as well as an awesome Standā€¦ Love the AoS logo :wink:

Good video as well.

Cheersā€™
-Alex

great work Dan! We LOVE it! Looks perfect!

1 Like

Thanks Alex. I really appreciate your comments.
Dan

1 Like

Love it! My x-carve used to sport a Binford sticker as well!

Haha. I love this. Great job. Iā€™m looking forward to learning how to best use this machine.
Dan

What a great video! That gave me some ideas about the cable management. I got my 1F yesterday and me and my son built it this afternoon. My first upgrade will be to lengthen the cables and router cord. From one Dan to another, THANK YOU.

Hi Dan. So glad I could help you out. Iā€™m looking forward to making some cool stuff now :slight_smile:
Dan

Nice work!
Do you have a link for the drag chain you used?

In Danā€™s video, click on the ā€˜YouTubeā€™ in the lower-right to watch the video on YouTube. Like all good YouTubers, he shows the links to everything in the text just below the video.

Nicely done @MakerDan!

I as well almost pulled the trigger on the Shapeoko Pro. I was all set to do it and hesitated for a week. Then I saw the @MyersWoodshop video of him leaving his XL for the 1F, and I instantly fell in love with the 1F as well. So glad I hesitated as I wouldnā€™t have been happy with the Shapeoke knowing there was something better out there at a great price point for itā€™s rigidity, design and options.

2 Likes

I canā€™t count how many times Iā€™ve read that someone was about ready to pull the trigger on a Shapeoko, then found the Onefinity. I actually feel bad for recommending the Shapeoko to a friend of mine (who bought one based on my recommendation) just before I learned about the Onefinity.

The Onefinity has been incredibly disruptive to the market. Iā€™d really be curious to see sales figures of both Shapeoko and X-Carve. Once the dust settles on Onefinity orders, I think they would do further damage to the competition if they offered a 48" wide variant or upgrade to the machine.

6 Likes

I think thatā€™s why the rushed the ā€˜proā€™ so early. They werenā€™t ready to sell it, but their bleeding sales.
@Kanova802 Glad you found my video!

2 Likes

Hello buggman,
I just posted a link that I used. They are 1m long each.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0791FWPX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps,
Dan

1 Like

Hi Kyle,
thanks for the email. The exact same thing happened to me. I was actually waiting for the Shapeoko as it was on back order when I saw this new machine. I am new to using a CNC but a long time 3D printer so hopefully I will catch on quickly.
Dan

1 Like

Hi Bill,
I feel the exact same way. I am so glad I waited and got this machine. I am new to using a CNC but am a long time 3D printer so hopefully it wonā€™t take me long to figure it out.
Dan

3 Likes

thanks for sharing Dan. Looking forward to your projects and learning some new things.

I bought a shapoko back 11 months ago and had nothing but issues. After jumping through a bunch of hoops I actually got my money back and bought a 1F. Happy Dance!!!

2 Likes

Good for you. I am new to this but am looking forward to learning how to CNC. I hope you enjoy your new machine.
Dan

Neither Inventables or Carbide were innovating or adding features to their machines. They let the entire product line stagnate and the market was ripe for a competitor to take over. I mean the current version of the X-Carve was released over 4 years ago and it doesnā€™t have a single OEM upgrade - not one. I was about to upgrade my X-Carve to a screw drive systems which is around $1K, making the total cost of the machine over $3K. Thatā€™s little insane given the remaining rigidity issues with the machine. Jumping up to an OpenBuild machine would increase the rigidity, but the entry level prices are over $3K, and closer to $5K for what I wanted. For that I could spend another $1K and get an entry level Avid. But then again, to get what I really wanted, the cost was closer to $8K. Then the OF came along and solved all my problems for the right price :slight_smile: It is great someone had the vision and fortitude to make an excellent machine at a relatively affordable price.

Itā€™s great Inventables and Carbide stepping up their game now, but itā€™s a little late IMHO. More reactionary than anything. The new X-Carve pro clearly has been under development for a while, but itā€™s price tag is easily 3x more than what I would pay for it. For that kind of money, you can step up to a much more professional machine.

I am concerned, however, there are no longer machines in the sub $1K range that are decent and truly entry level. I mean my original Shapeoko was $859 I think. Ignoring it took me nearly 2 full days to assemble it, it let me learn CNC with a relatively modest investment. After breaking more bits that I care to admit, I was ready for a larger investment and a more capable machine.

-Tom

6 Likes