New Machine Setup

I had a 1" tube steel “cube” frame welded up. Then bolted some leveling casters and screwed down a piece of shellacked and chamfered 1-1/4" MDF over some door weather-stripping (for vibration control). The controller sits on a 19" server rack sliding shelf suspended under the table top. I wanted an open concept to start so the table can grow with me.

4 Likes

Really like the sever rack drawer concept. Very nice build. Probably steal the drawer idea for mine 15987 (July). My table is finished and readt.

2 Likes

Nice frame and the server rack is a nice idea, I guess I live under a rock I have not seen one.

Nice idea on the slide out controller. I like that.

Really like the addition of pull drawers. I’ve got the same table was wondering if the drawers were custom made or a kit from Kreg. thx in adv.

No they are my design and build. Black Melamine for the carcass and drawer faces. Then trimmed the drawer faces in 3/8" Oak and painted blue to match the table. Overkill for shop furniture but had the time waiting until July.

Sorry for the super late reply but I do have an update on the server racks. Server racks are doing well but are definitely not made to handle vibration. I had nuts falling out all over the place but with a little Loctite everything works well now. Server rack parts are also not cheap but well made and seem to take abuse, aside from the vibration.