Planning my table set-up

I placed my order (#11422) last month and have been thinking about how I want my table set up for the when the new Onefinity arrives. My current CNC is on a rolling Kreg workstation with the leg base of 36"x44". I plan to dismantle this system and buy another set of 44" rails to extend the footprint to 44"x44". I’m planning to use a 48"x60" piece for the top to mount the new machine on. That gives me a little room on the left side to mount my monitor stand for the 27" monitor and also some extra room to have my drag chain the control box and maybe a bit tray of some kind. I’m also considering re-drilling the legs to drop the center shelf down to house by DC all in one set-up.

Kreg workstation with maple butcher-block top. I will repurpose the top off of this when I make it bigger for the Onefinity.

Thoughts?

9 Likes

I just got a kreg 63x44 workbench for the same thing. It will end up saving me time and with lumber costs now. It is about the same price. I believe it is easy to customize with shelves and drawers for storage

2 Likes

Grant, I really like that Kreg table. I really want to build a table with a removable section so I can handle taller home decor items, but something like that Kreg table would be a great, fast starting point that would allow me to start using the machine much sooner, and the top could always be modified down the road to allow for a removeable section. Thank you for posting that photo of your current table - I wasn’t aware that existed and it seems like a fair price.

1 Like

I am also getting ready to build my table for December arrival. I am worried about using casters. Will casters result in cnc “jiggling”. I know the cnc is solid to the table but wondering about backlash in ballscrews resulting from table shake. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I have my current CNC mounted to this table n casters and I have no problems. Lake sure the casters are dual locking.

2 Likes

After a bit of thought and review, I’ve elected to use Kreg 44x44 as the base with Baltic Birch as top and shelf. I will likely build a lattice frame under the top in order to keep the top flat. I l will have some type of cut-out for vertical cuts like dovetail or finger joints.

2 Likes

Ken,
Do you plan to use a removable piece of table between the rails with a clamping system for vertical pieces?

That is the plan. I very much like the option for finger joints using the CNC. To do this, I will have to have a removable, and vertical support.

2 Likes

That will be interesting to see. Keep posting pics if you would.

Great Idea Grant,
I was going to leave a removable piece for “turning stock”. Now I will make sure it has depth all the way to the floor. great idea!

2 Likes

Really looking forward to see how you do the vertical piece. Love the idea of using the CNC for dovetails and box joints.

Not a bad looking table at all. For the space constraint, I use an articulating monitor mount (North Bayou) with vesa bracket to hold a fanless PC (backside of monitor) and keyboard/mouse tray. It has served me well and I plan to continue this for upcoming builds. I’m not too far away from receiving the Onefinity Woodworker and looking for a good “flat” solution to what I currently have. I may consider your table build.

2 Likes