Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.3.1 (12/15/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

New firmware released:

Released 12/15/23

Update file: 1.3.1 Update

Change log:

• (Add-On) Renamed Presets on the ‘reset configuration’ setting to reflect ‘original’ and ‘pro’ model branding.

• (Add-On) Added Foreman Pro (48 X 48) to the options for ‘reset configuration’ settings.

• (Back End) Probing fixes based on customers’ feedback.

• Stability optimizations

How To Install:

Updating via USB
You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps:
After downloading, DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE!!!
Copy the blue .bz2 file above onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘UPLOAD’. Select the 1.3 file.
If you are on firmware 1.0.8 or lower, it may ask for a password.
the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity

Manual on how to update.

1 Like

I’ve avoided updates for over a year because every one of them had issues and I value stability over new features. Is this the one??

1 Like

Hey Michael,

what you get in terms of improvements can be read in the Release Notes of all versions since the version you are currently running. If you are at 1.0.9, the main additions are that you can now select the new Z-20 slider in the configuration (instead of changing the Z motor settings individually) and the Foreman Pro for selecting the workarea size (instead of adjusting the workarea setting manually), and select PwnCNC’s VFD in the VFD list (instead of creating a custom VFD entry).

2 Likes

FWIW - I installed last night and seems to be good. I was at 1.3.0 before

1 Like

installed today from 1.1.1 and ran a few hours of laser burning with the new 44w. Things seemed to work well.

If you were on either 1.0 or 1.1.X family of firmware, it’s highly suggested to reflash the os rather than update to remove any lingering 1.0 or 1.1.x code.

2 Likes

Ah… thanks. I thought that only applied to 1.1.2. Didn’t realize it applied to 1.0.* too. I will do so.

any 1.0.X or 1.1.X firmware it applies to.

1 Like

Dumb question, but what does “reflash to os” mean, how is that done? I think I have 1.0.9.

jas

1 Like

I found this on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVGfhQoOAyM

You will need the onefinity-raspi-1.3.1.img.xz from this page Release OneFinity Firmware 1.3.1 · OneFinityCNC/onefinity-firmware · GitHub

1 Like

Hey jas,

we have a search function here:

This would have allowed you to immediately find:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks All. I’ll give it a try.

I’m in the process of upgrading my Journeyman to Pro (Z-20 Z Slider, larger steppers, 80 mm spindle). I’ve had minimal if any problems with my BB, and have been reluctant to get any updates because what I have works, but PWNCNC says the spindle will work better with 1.3.1, so I will make the change.

I’m pretty much a hobbyest and the Elite seemed more than what I need. Anyways, I like the Joypad.

Thanks for your help.

jas

1 Like

Hey jas,

It will not work better with it, the difference is that with 1.3.1 you can now select the PwnCNC entry in the list of VFDs on the TOOL page (instead of creating a custom VFD entry).

1 Like

I’ve got a 3-year old X35 Woodworker that’s never had the firmware updated. I’m running the original firmware that came on the controller - 1.0.3 (? !.0.7 ?). It run beautifully with very very few issues - most of which I caused. I’ve avoided updating the firmware due to the shear volume of issues. Now I’m ready to order the 24w J-Tech Laser. Is this going to force an update, or will 1.0.3 support it?

it’ll work, it has a known bug for slow moves, and you’ll have to manually set up the jtech, but it’ll work.

if you have issues though, support will require you to update to 1.3.1 before troubleshooting.

Anyone else having delayed response issues since updating? Woodworker X-50 on 1.3.1.

For instance, the boot up request to set home, now it literally takes 15-20 seconds to take action after I hit ‘yes’. Have seen other quirks like reset Y zero during move (no obstruction), increased scale on laser job, and freezing. It may just be me, but I had no issues prior.

Thanks

I am not experiencing that. Did you pull the SD card and do a clean flash of it?

No, I did the update via web - same as last go ‘round. Should I do the SD process?

Thanks

It is recommended for a number of previous versions to 1.3.1 at this point to get a truly clean baseline

I was hoping to see a fix for the game controller working in any configuration, somewhere along the way this stopped working. I have to have the top two lights lit up for Z control to work.

Just updated to 1.3.1 and it’s still not working.