Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.4.1 (7/26/24) (X-35/X-50/Pro machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Latest Firmware)

7/26/24

Update file. Download Here: 1.4.1 Update

1.4.1 Release Notes

Features:

• Ability to sort gcode by: alphabetical a-z or z-a and by date newest to oldest and oldest to newest.
    sort

• Ability to select multiple gcode files to delete rather than having to select each one before clicking the trash can button.

• “Save Config” should include the macro code and have the ability to restore the macros -OR- there should be an option to save/download macros to a local file on a PC through the CNC web interface.

How To Install:

• Updating via WiFi
    Wifi:
    If your controller is connected to your home internet, the controller will automatically find the update. At the top center of the screen the words: upgrade to 1.4.0 underlined in blue. Click that. Click update via web button and let the system do it’s thing.

• Updating via USB
    You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps:
    After downloading, DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE!!!
    Copy the blue .bz2 file above onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘UPLOAD’. Select the 1.3 file.
    If you are on firmware 1.0.8 or lower, it may ask for a password.
    the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity

Manual on how to update.

1 Like

Reserved #1 for Onefinity

Just updated to 1.4.1 this morning.
Minor bug found…

When I go into menu->macros then select a macro (just to check that it was still there - which it was). So without saving or doing anything else in the macro I went back to menu->Control. This is what the screen looks like. This appears on the 10" control screen and on the web screen on my laptop.

On more checking I see it happens when you enter any other screen from the menu ( Settings, etc.) and then go back to the control screen. It happens every time so it is completely repeatable.

Refresh button in top left corner puts it back normal. So probably just a matter of having the system refresh automictically when it enters the control screen.

Were there any updates when zeroing? I’m on 1.4.0 and twice now it’s homed the Z and X just fine but then it does the Y it stops after the bit touches the block for the first time. Both times I was able to cancel it then it performed the zeroing just fine.

Update:
Bug is easily fixed! Just reboot.

When I posted above about this minor bug I had just updated to 1.4.1 thru the web. I did not reboot - just went ahead and started using the machine.
I then shut down the machine. Came back later and started it up again.
Well wouldn’t you know the bug no longer exists!

The moral of the story is reboot after an update.

2 Likes

after my update my pwn vfd is throwing a err06 code when stopping spindle after a job it is decelerating to fast

Running 1.1.1 version - upgrade to 1.4.1 or is there later version? Opinion. No problems with v1.1.1

The 1.1x family has known bugs. You should reflash the sd card to 1.4.1

Thank you for the reply

1 Like

Hello. I’m running 1.4.0 and just mounted my Pro Foreman to the wall. Everything seems fine except when homing, the x axis will lose motor power briefly and the router drops all the way down the rail. I can workaround this by just holding it during this process and the motor will reengage and I continue as usual. Does this update happen to fix that or is this a new issue? (or have i not done something else that fixes this?)

Thanks!
Brock

Do you have the supported makita router or aftermarket unsupported spindle? If spindle, remove it for makita router.

We do not sell a wall mount for a foreman, this is unsupported.

You can go to the X motor settings and change idle current from 1 amp to 2amp and it may help.

Firmware version will have no affect on wall mounting.

1 Like

I use the makita router. I will just hold it for the split second it needs support. After that it works great. Appreciate the response.

Cheers!
Brock

1 Like

I just upgraded and the files that were on it are not showing in the default directory. Apparently they are in the /var/lib/bbmc/plans and /var/lib/bbmc/uploads directories/ . All I see is the default directory listed and no ability to select anything. When I boot the controller it loads one of the files. How do I get the existing files back to a directory that can be read by the UI? Thanks.

If you run into this do a “restore config” as Chris suggest below. Fixed my issue.

Been a few days on 1.4.1 - folders have been what I was waiting for, great improvement! No negatives so far. Highly recommend doing a restore then shutdown after loading.

Here’s a good one.
Stock Journeyman X50.
Fresh maintenance with v1.0.9.
All working fine.
Loaded new MicroSD to v1.4.1
Replaced Micro SD.
Adjusted to all previous settings manually. Including WiFi, so y there is at least one reboot.
All axis move fine with joy stick.
When homing Y moves a short bit to the back of the machine and stops(maybe 1”). Setting Y home in wrong spot.
Switch out mSD back to v1.0.9 homing functions normally.
So… it’s not a wiring issue.

I did notice some entries for 1.0.9 are different in 1.4.1, but I am either missing something or it’s something odd.

Did you do this? This was not in 1.0.9 It’s added to 1.4.1 to solve what your describing.
How To Reset The Configuration To Defaults (BB Controller)

3 Likes

Thanks Chris - That “fixed” the issue with Y homing. :+1:
Plus I did not have to redo my WiFi settings.

1 Like