Onefinity firmware

What is the ETA for bug fixes in the Buildbotics firmware to make their way into the Onefinity firmware fork? This one has been driving me nuts and looks to be resolved on the Buildbotics version

I realize the Onefinity fork is now heavily customized however it seems some of the innovations in the Buildbotics controller over the past year aren’t making their way over (like macros), it would be awesome to know what is on the horizion.

1 Like

I hit a similar bug this weekend. I’m new to this and it threw me for a while. Using Carveco Maker+ I had a 3D carve with 3 tool paths. I did the profile cut first, which cut to the bottom of the piece. Then the 3D rough and finish paths. In the simulator the 3D tool paths start below the Profile tool path, and therefore below my wood. I never attempted to run it because I didn’t know what would happen (if it even allowed me to run).

I’ve checked the G-code and have no G53 or G92.x that I can find. It seems to be adding to the last cutting position (even though there is a Z-safe done between) instead of going to the absolute position. Viewing the same file (downloading it from the onefinity) in CAMotics displays correctly.

In my case the workaround was to output 3 tool path files.