Onefinity Spoilboard System (full system )

Hey guys/gals. Thought id drop a link here to my spoilboard system. Just one of many that are out there.
Ive decided to go a totally different direction and build it with slabs for threaded inserts, t track, dog holes, AND what I think is the best part the sac boards. If you build it you should never have to replace your threaded wasteboard again. Do all your through cuts on sac boards.
Take a peek if you want. Always here to answer questions too. Take care everyone.
Happy carving. Onefinity CNC Multi Option Spoilboard System | Etsy

4 Likes

No machine yet and learning Carveco Maker. What kind of files does it come with? Looks like a good system

Thanks Ryan - oddly enough, Etsy pushed your spoil board to me via email this morning! I like the combination of dog holes and threaded inserts. I might do the same.

-Tom

Funny… im not paying etsy for ads at all. Not sure if its worth it yet… Perhaps when I have more items up there I will pay a little…
thanks for sharing tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the length of the bolts

Depends… - 1’ , 1.5" and 2" for different use cases.
For instance, 1" work just fine to attach the aux spoilboards to the main spoil. If you want to add the cam clamps on top, those require 1.5"
Different uses for different sizes. All the bolts are in my instructions, that I use.

1 Like

Ryan (@dunginhawk) - what sized threaded inserts are you recommending or using? 1/4-20, M3, M5? Searching Amazon and the choices are horrifyingly large. Do you have a direct link?

-Tom

Thanks Ryan - interested if you think those are better than these:

-Tom

I dont like t nuts at all… ive built many spoil boards in the past and they tend to slip out or especially in mdf, strip out of the wood.
Ill only use threaded inserts , but thats not to say you cant use t nuts :slight_smile:

Thanks Ryan - you validated all my concerns. I shall press on as planned :slight_smile:

-Tom

Ryan,
I want to purchase your files but have some questions.
Are the files able to be edited in vcarve, or are they just Gcode?
What width do your boards need to be ripped to? Can the width of these be changed or do they need to be kept as is for the hole spacing?

Thanks

I provide vcarve files, AI, SVG, DXF. Go crazy :slight_smile:
4.75" on the nuts… I mean technically I dont care if you edit the system to fit your needs, but if you edit the width of the boards it will mess up the entire system :slight_smile: haha

1 Like