Pro Tip! Or should I say PROBE TIP?

Don’t put your probe down next to your spoilboard. When you home or otherwise move your machine and immediately forget you put it there, it will crush the little wire holders. It still works FWIW… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Triquetra has a replacement cable.

But my very first project was to cut a probe box to try to avoid such problems.

1 Like

Oh that’s perfect! I’m gonna cut that box out today. I assumed someone had made one or seven, but was too excited to cut some projects out before thinking there was an actual need for holders for all the little things like probe, controller, enclosure, etc. Guess I was wrong :(. And thanks for the triquetra link! Haven’t even heard of them. I emailed 1F support who have historically been awesome and I’ll see what they offer, and use your link if that doesn’t pan out. Thanks @ben!

Triquetra manufactures the probe for 1F.
@charleyntexas is a regular contributor to the forum.

1 Like

OneFinity Support will point you to me. Here is the link you will be looking for to get a replacement wire assembly.
Replacement Touch Plate Wire Assembly

It will have the correct connection on it for the 1F controller. Not the one in the picture.

2 Likes

You can simply cut the plug off and crimp on a ring lug and screw it to the block. Chances are you’ll do it a second time.

2 Likes

I learned the same lesson - except it was my spindle wrench, which was a lot less forgiving to the machine :confused:.

1 Like