Probing inbetween Tool Changes

Nice! I’ve dabbled in 3D a little bit definitely want to do more. This forum & the OneFinity Facebook group are great sources of info–I’ve learned tons from other peoples posts.

1 Like

wheres this video Im lost tryin to navigate thru all this lol

i use to be able to do exactly what you done in this video and now cant. I tell support that and they tell me no you cant do that you have to save each tool to a file. no one has been able to get me back to this method. idk what has happened thats not allowing me to do this type of file save and it not give me an error for no fit or under or over tool path error after i load the file and set my zero on all axis

How come my woodworker cnc machine I bought from you all will not do this as in this video?
I have added up to 1.5 inches of material and have lowered the zed to the top hole making it as close as I can to the spoil board as the forum says to do. still under error after zeroing z axis. I have used longer bits with the added material and still has under error on z axis tool path.

no matter the thickness of material or length of bit or position of the zed on the x rail still same error on z axis tool path UNDER

I can add .500inches under the probe block on top of my material and error will go away. you cant cut there depth will be off .500 which is understandable.

it reads in the forum that an under error is because the z cant get low enough to reach the cut depth before it reaches its soft limit
my abs. is -1.687 which leaves approx. 3.563 of down travel left on the z axis

material thickness 1.530
3.563- 1.530 = 2.033 of travel left of the z axis to reach its soft limit after reaching spoil board
I think my math is correct here correct me if im wrong

z offset is -2.165 from 5.236 of travel leaves 3.060 inches of travel before reaching soft limits. I can cut the qcw frame ion half if i wanted

I have one bit loaded its a 1/4 inch bit 2.5 inches long chucked in collet .625

raise my z axis up .500 from zero point. reset zero of z error gone but now im .5 above material
I could lie to my program setting by .500 inches it will cut but thats not how it suppose to work
i just have to add .500 to all my cut depths problem gone

Deleted program reset zero on z so now theres no program involved ok

im at -1.734 abs and offset

still has (UNDER) error on z axis

so its not the program from being saved incorrectly with 2 bits etc…

idk but sounds like a firmware issue based on these findings or bad encoder or feed back coupler loose etc for the z axis

been in touch with vectrics support and they said next time I buy a machine I should make sure its compatible with their software
I sent them the crv and ngc files Ive been using when I get these errors to look over and they said yeah they should work.

in your video here ole boy says hes using version 10.001 vcarve pro
Ill see if I can get that version and install it and see if that corrects anything but like I mentioned ive deleted all the programs from the controller that was showing in the drop down menu by using the delete all option
so Im pretty confident it still will error on the z axis just as it has every time so far

they are saved as you say you have to one file per tool and a single tool job

im gonna flash the controller per the files you sent me via email next since im not hearing anything more from you i take it thats what you desire me to do as per our discussions via email which you keep posting publicly in this forum
you said its easy and to just follow the video so thats whats happening next

Ive already tried updating the firmware from the update file in the ‘firmware updates’ section. on the controller fly out menu

Freak I dont have a micro sd card port or micro usb adapter to do it so im not able to do this and it looks not so easy to me anyway uhg so now what all i have is a usb flash drive and no mini card reader

is this the one I need to flash the sd card? https://a.co/d/cBCoypV

if so ill order it when I get paid.
ive already spent in total machine and all accessories for general use $4979.85 usd

Awesome newa ppl I took Jims Advice and I called ex boss the attorney cause he knows everyone and I asked him if he knew anyone that did this type of work in the area. hr later he called me back with a guys number and i called him and he knew of a factory here close buy. Hell yeah This porch honky jumped in his suv haled butt over4 there and spoke with them and they intruduced to a lady who ran the shop where they had water jets plasma cutters and cut some really nice pieces from mainly metal parts.
I told her what all was going on and asked if she might be able to give me any advice or be willing tpo come look at my machine programs etc and after pretty much begging like it was for my life and offering to pay 200 she agreed. within hr and half because she had to wait on me to go get some air duster so i went 13 miles to town looking for it finally found a few cans bought all 4 left lol
Anyways I came back she and another lady she brought with her had read my notes etc and had seen what it was doing and had it powered down waitin for me. lol She had me disconnect all my wires and she had me take that air duster stuff and blow all the conectors out they looked clean but i done it and she had me boot it up do what I normally do and presto universal adjective yeah no erros on my z axis
must been something moisture oil idk no dirt my machine still looks new lol
hell why didnt i think of that or someone here damn
any ways ive been able to load all my old programs i hadnt change since i made them
that gave me this fault on the z since this issue came up few days ago. my z is back in mid holes and I dont have to redo all my files and tool path praise the lord i had way to much time fine tuning them lol
glad someone was open minded you know what they say a fresh insight on a problem is sometimes the best thing.
now where did I leave off oh ready to suck the bristles off my dust shoe again lmao
take care outta here
yes I paid her 150 bucks and thanked her tremendously what a no brainer over looked by the best even lol

Derkdiggler the Grizz signing out lmao
Porch Honky doing fine just living life again one day at tiiime!
Keep your hands off my PBR! lmao

Hey Jim Thatcher i hope I got your name right. Thank You man for the Best advice on finding someone knew this type machinery near me. Amen Brother German
yeah That my background and Indiana
Im living proof the Germans (universal objective d) the Indians lol
if you dont get that might go to you tube university search for it youll laugh maybe
Pinkerton and something. youll see it universal adjective at the youtube university lol
Thanks again appreciate it hope you read this lol

We’ve said it for four days straight and the answer has not and will not change because it is the only answer: separate each tool into their own file.

2 Likes

its a one file one save one tool saving

i also did a save with 6 tool 6 separate file save and still same error

ive deleted all my files i had made and previously ran with no errors and im reinventing the wheel on my end per your suggestions and the new files are giving the errors too

you can also come back to your start origin with the new tool installed in the collet and inserted up into the collet too far and have your z axis at its zero as previously set then loosen the collet let the tool fall down onto your work surface you previously used and then tighten the collet while tool is resting freely on the work surface and never have to probe it for zero.

Theres more than one to skin a grizz lol

Hey all,

you see what’s in the ‘tool change’ field of the SETTINGS tab? This is what makes you’re stuck over your workpiece at the tool change event with not enough room to actually change the bit. Here’s how to make this ‘tool change’ routine usable. (thanks to @raziullah007 :slight_smile: already mentioned above)

1 Like