Problems with 1.2.1 flash update

Own the x50 journeyman. Flashed frim 1.1.1 to 1.2.1 and installed.
My machine was running fine on 1.1.1. now it’s not with 1.2.1.

major issues right out the gate.

1. My gcode files sent to my machine are the wrong dimensions. Yes I have restored to the journeyman x50 after the flash and update. I’m also using vectric aspire
    These files cut perfectly before the 1.2.1 update. I cannot figure out what the problem is and need some help.

Yes I did flash my controller because I was running 1.1.1
Then I updated to 1.2.1

1. Probing xyz cannot be done. When I attach the probe and the machine asks you to touch bit to the block and then hit next,… but I can’t hit next because it’s grayed out. I get the green check mark but I just can’t hit next to proceed to the next step. I can however probe just the z.
    I didn’t have any problems whatsoever probing when I was running 1.1.1

I can’t seem to roll back to version 1.1.1. that was solid and I shouldn’t of tried to upgrade.
I probably have no more than a few hours cutting time on this machine. It’s basically a new machine.
I need some help please!
How can I roll back to 1.1.1? Or…
How can my problem with 1.2.1 be fixed?

If you used the “upgrade to 1.2.1” option on the controller from 1.1.1 I would point you in the direction of re-flashing the SD-card following these instructions:

According to the upgrade info on this site the only permitted way to upgrade from 1.1, 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 is via a full re-flash of the SD-card.

Important notes:

1 Like

Hey Stacy,

the ‘onefinity-firmware’ package can neither be downgraded, nor did the update notification in the Onefinity Controller prevent that you installed faulty, not recommended versions of it (like 1.1.1). For clarification, see here.

By the way, the thread to report 1.2.1 firmware issues is here

1 Like

Hey Stacy,

You say the problems appear after you flashed with the onefinity-raspi-1.2.1.img.xz image, is that correct?

If so, could you please flash the SD card with onefinity-raspi-1.0.9.img.xz and report if the problems are gone then.

Howto:

By the way, the thread to report 1.2.1 firmware issuesis here! ←.

Hey Andy @AndyP,

Onefinity said it’s fixed:

1 Like

I did the reflash of SD card, then the update.

Hi Andy, Thank you for your response. I’ll need to repost my topic in the correct category. Ill do that very soon.
As far as my file names, they are all basic with no special characters or spaces. i.e “Coasters”

Yes my x50 journeyman was running just fine on 1.1.1 before the onefinity-raspi-1.2.1 flash and install. This machine is basically brand new purchased 6 months ago but actually assembled and put together 3 months ago with no issues until now.

update: When I send files over my network the controller will load them, but they are not the right size. Every file looks extremely big and sometimes on the controller screen will read “not fit” under Z.

I did try a usb stick to transfer the same file and it kind of worked, I didn’t see the “not fit” under the z axis but there is no dialog box to compare. Few more issues I’ve noticed too-

1. No dialog box over my network or controller
  2. xyz probing still doesn’t work “next” is greyed out but will recognize
  3. No tool numbers with change of bits following toolpaths
  4. No estimated time running a cut

ll files are NGC (Vectric Aspire) files I’m sending to the controller to make cuts.

IDK whats going on but this update has messed something up pretty bad. I will try flashing/updating onefinity-raspi-1.0.9 and see what happens and give update.

Ill probably contact onefininy support soon to see about a replacement/repair for the controller if I cant figure this out. Its still under warranty.

disreguard. Support want it somewhere else.

Dang it, just dis-reguard this stuff have to have 20 words

Hey Gary,

this thread is not about problems during flashing, it is about 1.2.1 firmware issues and the original poster found not to get enough attention and re-posted it again and again in new threads. Problems with 1.2.1 should be reported here.

If you want to report about problems with flashing, this does not rely to problems with 1.2.1 since an operating system disk image is just a file, and it is just written to a SD card. This procedure does in no way depend of which file it is or which Onefinity version. However as I understand your problem is solved since you replaced the SD card and it worked, so you simply had a defective SD card.

By the way I am just an ordinary user (trust-level “Regular” as of this writing).

By the way, if you want to delete a post, there is a little trash can under your posts. The posts then disappear completely after a while.

1 Like

Please also fix the screen bouncing back and forth. I think one of the problems is the router speed counter. And the other bouncing has to do with x or y numbers.