QCW Woodworker Spoilboard Advice

Hey All,

I’m still waiting on the last boxes for my CNC and am working on designing my wasteboard. Attached (I hope) is my Fusion 360 mockup of the QCW Ttracks along with the suggested wasteboard from Onefinity owners manual.

There are two dotted line rectangles. The inside rectangle is the 32x32 cutting area referencing center
The outside rectangle is the area a 1.5" bit would surface, referencing center.

I intend to complete projects that require tiling, so I need a flat wasteboard. I also intend to have a removeable/replaceable portion of my wasteboard for vertical milling.

Here is my current thought process.
I will likely drill new holes through the t-track, inside my wasteboard size that matches the surfaced dimensions.
I’m thinking about adding some thin, 3-D printed bit storage into the unused areas at the top and bottom. This would serve 3 purposes.

1. storage
  2. if done right, this would be a reference edge for future wasteboard replacement.
  3. I could add edge-screws through the 3d print into the wasteboard for further holding purposes.

I’m a total newbie, so please tell me if I am heading in the wrong direction

Thanks!

My alternative thought was to surface the area outside the cutting area first, down to just above the T-Track height, then move it into final position and surface it.

That would give me the usage of the additional screws, plus the sturdiness / strength of using the end tubes for support.

Alignment would be less critical in this case.