Question about pause

Unlike the professionals here, from time to time (3or 4 times per day) if a cut is going wrong I hit the pause button on my computer, as it quickest button to get to, is there any way to get out of the program from paused?
Have been rebooting to get out bit then have to wait.

Push pause again (as it turns to a start button again).

1 Like

I understand that hitting pause again will turn the program on again, am asking if there is a way to terminate the program while paused, Other than going to reboot.

I do the same thing if the cut isn’t going right for me usually because I forgot to change my start location from the design location or had a improperly located hold down. I hit pause, delete the loaded file fix whatever and reload the file and start over.

Hit the stop button, whether paused or running, to end running more lines of gcode.

2 Likes

Thanks Mitch, that is essentially the same as a reboot right?

1 Like

Thanks Mitch, that is essentially the same as a reboot right?

No, the stop button just ends the running of the NC code. None of your settings or origin or homing will be lost. You can use the joysticks to move the head out of the way and even restart the program or load another program. I do it all the time.

I am still on 1.0.9 and the stop button will flash yellow for a short time when I press it. I understand it is important to wait until it has stopped flashing before you try to move anything. If you don’t wait - that is when things will lockup and you will have to reboot.

2 Likes

You’re right my apologies I pause then use the stop button.