Relief Carving Machine Time

I’m running it on Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop on a Mac, that may affect what I’ve seen.

Because it is running under emulation the “Simulation” feature is slow compared to running directly on the same hardware. It’s not bad though, just takes a few minutes instead of <1. It uses openGL 4 which would normally hit a GPU directly but on my system it gets an emulated OpenGL 3.3 where parallels passes the requests to the Mac graphics system.

I’ve had a few crashes as well.

I’m not quite sure how to quantify the quality of the output. You’re doing a lot of work on that. Me, I seem to get what I told it to do so I’ve been happy.

I’ve had little contact with them for support. The one real time was through their forum when I was asking about the OpenGL thing. It warns me that my graphics are not optimal so I contacted them to ask about it. Took a couple back and forth to get a good answer that although I was on OpenGL 3.3 it would work fine.

It’s a subscription. Used the discount offered through Onefinity to buy the first year.

There’s lots of videos on their website and on YouTube. Their community does seem very quiet. Since it is based on ArtCAM there are some useful resources from that community as well.

I’ve never looked for third party add-ons. What would be needed?

I’ve recently bought an Ortur Laser master 3 and Lightroom. Lightroom is real nice and cheap. I don’t think I need my CNC software doing laser stuff. I have looked in to it with Carveco, it seems to have a laser toolpath but it is for 3D work. I.e. I think it must be designed for CO2 lasers for cutting Z level layers.

I’m just a hobby user, playing around with it for fun. I’ve done some V-carve lettering, v-carve inlays, 3D work, etc. I’ve posted one or two projects here before e.g. Post up them projects - #897 by Atroz