Router vs Spindle

I just ordered my Spindle & VDF off Amazon. Both HUANYANG brand, 65mm and 110v 1.5 Kw VFD.

Shipping says it will arrive between Sep 1 and Sep 23rd … I know the link says 220v but I was able to click on the 110v option as you see in my receipt.

There is still shipping charge from China, and they tack on a paypal fee. So for me the Moret Motor kit would be $334.

Price looks reasonable. I think all the kit gains you is the little water pump. I was considering also getting something like this, to avoid the mess of a bucket and such. Looks like its a reservoir, radiator, fan all packaged together.

1 Like

I’ll be putting out a 2 part video on the spindle soon.
its the 800w huyang spindle and vfd. That’s apparently what everyone said to buy. I’m 50/50 on is it worth it. I’ll let the video for you to decide.
This is what i bought:

1 Like

Looking forward to those videos. Trying to decide if I would benefit from the spindle over the Makita router. This will be my first CNC. Initial projects will obviously be practice and personal stuff. I won’t be jumping directly into mass production of 3d carvings. Lol. The spindle option is over 3x the cost but some people complain about the routers burning up. The spindle would be worth it if it’s expected life cycle is considerably longer than the router.

1 Like

How to install a CNC spindle.

7 Likes

Thanks for the Spindle Video’s, I just bought the same setup (still shipping) but want to get your thoughts on the 800w Spindle, do you feel its strong enough to do everything you need, including aluminum or would you rather have found at 1.5Kw instead?

If that is covered in Pt 2… I’m happy to wait to hear it there. :slight_smile:
Thanks again!
Alex

MindOfMcClure This spindly is not longer available at Amazon as described by MyersWoodshop can you share where you got yours from?
Thank you in advance

Please disregard the above question I should of read the whole thread, I saw the answer to my own question :slight_smile:

hi
air-cooled VS water Cooled
which one is better
im thinking to get air-cooled for my onefinity

I just noticed that it is back in stock on Amazon for the full kit.

Hope you are able to get one if you’ve not tracked one down.

Yes it is, Thanks A lot :slight_smile:

Nice video! By the comments on YouTube it looks like you ordered different wire to add a ground reference on the spindle. I would also recommend using larger wire from your supply voltage to the vfd. I have a few more recommendations if you end up redoing the electrical and are interested let me know.

1 Like

Price keeps going up and delivery time getting later. I better buy soon!

Does anyone see an issue with using this VFD with an 800W spindle? It is much larger than needed, but can ship quickly and price is fair.

Two day shipping from Amazon!

1 Like

Both my Huanyang VFD and Spindle (which said orig Sep 23rd delivery) arrived this past Monday, I was pleasantly surprised.

@MindOfMcClure @MyersWoodshop - I’m curious too. And that fan on the VFD is crazy loud…

I have not wired mine up yet, still in the box. But have heard a few people state that but was not sure if it was on the real one or the cheap china /china knock off. Either way adding a 2nd external van and disconnecting that one should not be a crazy change.

@MindOfMcClure - roger all on the fan replacement.