Rusting Hex Bolts

The hex bolts on my 1F are starting to show signs of rust. Granted, My 1F is in an unconditioned 100 year old redwood shop, but I just wanted to know if I should be concerned. I’m a little shocked that those bolts are not anodized. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

I have a few on mine that are showing rust. Thinking about replacing them with some new bolts.

1 Like

Yes mine also have some rust

1 Like

Mine too. Had it set up since July.

1 Like

If it’s an issue, hit them with a corrosion inhibitor. I don’t have rust yet but I’m in humidity/salty Florida. I probably need to do this myself.

1 Like

Thanks everybody for confirming its not just me. Thanks Josh for the suggestion.

1 Like

So the bolts are bare steel, not even Black Oxide coated or Zinc plated?

Are the fasteners metric or Imperial?

The bolts are black oxide not bare steel black oxide will rust if exposed to moisture, ie humidity.
All of the bolts on the Onefinity are metric.l

Usually I am not always on top of all maintenance with my machines; so I usually change out the bolts for stainless steel bolts. Generally I am more concerned about rust showing up on bolts where I can’t see it (threads, etc.). So SS bolts alleviates that, and other associated maintenance. (Yes, there is a cost factor; there always is.)

2 Likes

yesiamawaretheblackoxidewillrustthanksforconfirmingallboltingismetric

1 Like

I find that on forums, it is best to advise when one makes a joke, since it tends to avoid confusion.

Therefore: be advised that the following is not personal, and is a joke…aka humor:

…That is the most succinct one word reply I have ever seen. “BA-dum-bum-CHING”

2 Likes