Save toolpaths individually or as in one file?

I’m a Newby and want advice on saving toolpaths. In VCarve Pro I have the option to save my toolpaths as individual files or all toolpaths in one file. What are the advantages of each option? I have the Onefinity X50 Woodworker. Thanks

I save individually to multiple toolpaths instead of as one toolpath.

With the BB controller you can’t recover your position in the program after a crash. You basically have to find your zero again (if you lost it) and rerun the program from the beginning. If you have a very long program you may have hours of aircarving on your hands till you reach your crash point and start carving again. I feel better keeping my carve times shorter in case I need to restart for some reason.

Also if I have a long project I can break it into sessions easier if my toolpaths are separated.

Mike

1 Like

Hey Ranfy,

if you want to use a g-code toolpath file with multiple tools with the buildbotics-derived Onefinity Controller, please be aware that the ‘tool-change’ routine that is delivered with the Onefinity in the SETTINGS page does not work. You can take the ‘tool-change’ routine that I provide here instead.

Further reading

1 Like

Hey Ranfy,

this is a frequently asked (and answered) question. We have a search function in this forum.

1 Like