So is it safe to assume Elites are close to shipping?

Based on the influx of posts by 1F staff related to the Elite, is is safe to assume that they have or are about to start shipping? I am hoping so, as I am waiting on the upgrade process for my journeyman and know that it will continue to be pushed until the original order start flowing out the door.
:wink:

1 Like

Well according to the original published shipping times when I ordered mine (day/minute of launch) - original shipping estimates was so it ā€œshouldā€ have started shipping between Feb 6th and 17th.

But I think most Elite buyers got a notification of a slight delay - adding another couple of weeks before shipping start - and then 1F will do a ramped shipping rate - so first ā€œslowā€ release and then increasing amount shipped every week until full capacity.

So I would expect shipping to start between now and end of Feb, with end of Feb being most likely ā€œstartā€ - as that would be ā€œrear end of original estimate + 2 weeksā€ :slight_smile:

Then it is a question of how fast production and shipping then ramps up.

But apart from a 80mm to Makita router shim Iā€™m ready. Everything else is in place and old X-Carve was sold just before Christmas.

2 Likes

I agree with Kaz

I received an email saying something along the lines of:

Associated part and equipment shout be arriving at Onefinity sometime between the first week of Feb to the 2nd or 3rd week. They will start the process of QA/QC ensuring everything works right and then start shipping anywhere from mid Feb to Mid March.

I too order on the first day within 15 minutes of opening the order process. Itā€™s been a long wait but I am sure it will be well worth the wait

This seems to be the best CNC in any area and with build-botics the add-ones will be easy such as tool changer, rotary, etc, etc

I am anxiously anticipating the arrival

2 Likes

@Kaz which shim are you going with? i also ordered the 80mm in prep for future but starting out with the makita at first.
thanks.

i am also anxiously awaiting and ordered hours of launch.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure you take the current lead time and count forward from your order dateā€¦ not the shipping time on your order date, otherwise they would include either an ETE or ETA for shipping time frame or shipping date on your invoice.

That being said, thereā€™s still ~6 weeks (end of March-ish) before they start rolling off the line and out the doorā€¦ but I got my stiffyā€¦ she sure looks lovely sitting in the corner

I just found out that my order is 6-8 weeks later than the original ship time estimate, now it is expected mid to late April
Pat

What was your order date?

I think mid March is still optimisticā€¦ late March / early April at the soonest is what it is at this point of timeā€¦ 18 weeks is ~31Mar

1 Like

The current ship estimate is for new orders as far as I know.

The original ship time was estimated as 10-12 weeks from 28th of Nov 2022.

Then as orders/order backlog came in the shipping estimate slowly increased in steps up to the now 18-20 weeks.

And to quote 1F in their mail of Feb 5th

With the exception of the packaging, and a couple other minor components, we have everything in house

But there was a few issues with compliance certifications - so that is quoted as the reason for a slight delay.

The mail also said

Within the next couple of weeks the Elite Series Owners manual will be available along with assembly and operating videos. We will include pictures and videos of progress, testing, and of course, the Onefinity Elite itself!

So those documentation items should start to appear very soon.

1 Like

Very Important note: To determine the anticipated delivery of you order, please use your order date and add the product specific lead time shown above

Iā€™m not here to argue, but grab a snickers, probably have another month or so at least.

I would be expecting them to release info on the tool setter before products roll out the door, to allow them to throw it in the box so thereā€™s a metric as well. We were part of a crowd funding campaign where they had an idea, and concept, and needed help funding production. Iā€™m not saying thereā€™s anything wrong with that, but crowdfunding is notorious for over promising / under delivering, in this case shipment times.

Btw, the email was really fluffy full of (for lack of a better term) forward looking statements which contain vagueness including timelines and are often ambiguous (couple weeks is over today, so itā€™s a couple of weeks-ish)

This stratement from the email should of anything confirm what Iā€™m sayingā€¦

This process unfortunately added a couple of small, unexpected delays.

2 Likes

I ordered on the 8th of December, my order # is 35377 for reference.
Pat

1 Like

I ordered on day 1 and told myself not to expect it before mid-March. Hopefully i wont be too far off. In the meantime Iā€™m busying myself by overthinking my table design, layout of my shop, dust boot, etc. Fun times!

Read the ā€œvery important noteā€ on the shipping page and compare it to your frame of thought.

I hope Iā€™m wrong, but it doesnā€™t make sense

Yes but 20 weeks is mid apr. 20 weeks ā‰  5 months, otherwise thereā€™d be 13 months and we are in the only month that is 4 weeks long, 75% of the time.

At order time shipping info is fallible like i said, either they underestimated demand or over estimated production or some combination of bothā€¦ that would be the reason they would get pushed right, and both are completely reasonably.

2 Likes

and todays mail from 1F - shipping has slowly startedā€¦

So I would expect shipping to start between now and end of Feb, with end of Feb being most likely ā€œstartā€ - as that would be ā€œrear end of original estimate + 2 weeksā€ :slight_smile:

So my math was not off at allā€¦

/k

Well Iā€™m glad to have been wrong thenā€¦ guess ill get my email in another week or so.

Tool setter still shows coming soon and verbiage says before elite shipsā€¦ so maybe itā€™s part, but not allā€¦
Ive had the stiffy for a few weeks nowā€¦ itā€™s lonely in the box in the corner of my garage

Wellā€¦ it looks like the shipping page might have been right afterall. I think the day one purchasers initial quote has come and gone. Iā€™m back to expecting shipping to be around tax day for me (ordered first week of Dec)

my machine have not shipped yet - but the mail was generic to Elite buyers.

But as I ordered within minutes of release - I hope it wont be long. I have boat parts to make :slight_smile:

More beta units have shipped. Not retail units yet.

3 Likes

Ben mentioned in their initial video that the tool setter was not the production version.

1 Like

I am also interested in their tool setter but there are many options out there for this and the Masso control looks to be pretty easy to work with to set it up in.
Pat

1 Like