Spindle Coolant Flow Alarm

Does anyone use a flow sensor with cable fed to the Masso touch? Was reading up on the “configureable inputs” among many other options, this one seems like it would be a neat feature to ensure you for sure have coolant flowing for your spindle.

• From the Masso documentation-

Spindle Coolant Flow Alarm
This input monitors the coolant flow sensor and will signal an alarm condition if the input changes to High for 10 seconds or more when the spindle is running.
MASSO will enter Feed hold and Spindle Coolant alarm will be displayed.
To clear and reset the alarm you must Home the machine

1 Like

I use a CW-5200 chiller with my ATC spindle and Masso G3. I have the flow alarm wired to the controller and it works as expected.

2 Likes

That’s awesome to hear! really appreciate the feedback. I recently ordered my machine and eagerly await its delivery so I’m reading up on additional details.

I also saw a post online that someone wired up a small panel with some buttons, that were configured to execute certain behavior, I might look into that too, seems kinda neat to have “quick shortcut” buttons for common things, but maybe it 100% unnecessary, ha.

I have a ‘temporary’ mock up control panel at the front of my table that I have been using for quite a while now with my build, and it is working quite well with my work flow. Besides toggle switches for manual ATC functions, I also have a programed USB keypad with a dial that is proving invaluable with the Masso controller. I use it for certain keyboard shortcuts, and it makes switching between F12/F13 and overrides especially quick. I had purchased a mini keyboard, but like my pendant for many of the other keyboard functions related to axis movements. I also have my VFD keypad, controller USB, and a few vacuum controls/sensors there as well.

2 Likes

That’s so cool! holy cow!!!

What resources (if any?) did you reference to learn about the wiring / setup?

The short answer is … everywhere. Masso forums, online articles from manufacturers, many YT videos, product user manuals, etc…

I have been building and modifying my set-up for a few years now. If interested, I have shared most of it in the Onefinity forum - search keywords 'Masso G3 ATC build update…" for a bit of the journey.

2 Likes

I will for sure check out your build! Thank you for sharing that.

1 Like