The Table basic

I do not understand how this can be a bad thing. Unless you forget to clean the filter.for me it would be just another reminder on my calendar.the mod looks straight forward. Maybe be I should monitor interior temp with and without the filter, I’ll just add that to the list of things todo when my unit comes in.:crazy_face::+1:t3:

1 Like

Hey David,

I’m in Henrietta, NY , we few other owner in the area now. I got my machine last September. I built 5’ x 5’ table and I will build an enclosure this spring.
I really need to take a new picture of my machine on the table… :smile:

2 Likes

I am in Marion .I like those metal leg brackets. You have had the tables for a while now . I can do the 60” width but I can’t do 60” deep will 50” work? I would love to see current photo.
Dave

1 Like

Good Goin’ Grant! I like the concept! :+1:

Nice work! You mind if I ask what the construction cost was?

@JPM
That’s a not-so-easy question, since I had some of the materials already, am not finished yet…and of course, I had to buy new tools, right?! :smirk:
I can give you a rough materials list so far.
Base Table:
9 - 2x4
1 - 3/4” ply (first layer on top and bottom)
1 - 3/4” MDF (partial)
1 set 4 casters
1 - box of screws

Enclosure (so far):
3 sheets of 5x5 1/2” Baltic Birch
4 - 1/8” x 1/2” x 60” flat steel
2 - sets of door hinges
2 - 1.25” piano hinges (for quick access doors)
2 - pairs of 45lb gas struts
…more screws and glue…

I still need to buy 4x8 of acrylic, lighting and some electrical components.

2 Likes

I had a 3’ x 4’ for my current CNC and changed it by adding a foot to both length and width. It’s now 4’ x 5’… Added new power outlets and will be doing my vac set up today. Still have two months before my 1F gets here.

Back panel comes off. Will think about the front enclosure once my 1F arrives. White switches are for lights and vac system.

Yes 50" will work. I went with the larger size because it would not have mattered if had made it smaller.

Dave,
Here is what I was carving in that Photo.

15 Likes

I was also intrigued by what that would become - looks great. Are the numbers burned on with a laser? I won’t have my machine for a few months, but being able to see all these creative products is a good way to fill in time. Is that how the finished carve came out, or did you need to do any sanding or brushing of material?

That is the way it came out, no sanding. The numbers were burned with the laser. I used a 1 mm radius tapered ball nose bit and just a 3D finish toolpath.

1 Like

Alden,
You are very talented. I really do like the how the limb cookie turned out. Looks like you have doe this befor. Thank you so much for sharing!

My machine won’t arrive until the end of March, first part of April so figured I had enough time to get ambitious. My table will be a flip top 4’ X 5’ There will be drawers across the bottom and cabinets with drawers on each end.

2 Likes

Mike,
Thank you so much for posting your work in progress. I am excited to see it completed. The design is interesting. I like the storage you have above the wheels.
You are rocking it.

1 Like

I love this idea. One question… how high is the table when it is not in the vertical position. Plans I have seen makes it look like 36 or 37 inches. I think that would make working height a bit high. At least for me. But good luck, can’t wait to see the final product.

I’m going to rock the Fisher cart but change the electrical. Hoping to get everything put together by the end of the week.

5 Likes

Nate, I did a search for the fisher cart no luck. Could you provide a link
Thank you so much I like your cart.

2 Likes

David,

Here are the plans

https://www.fishersshoponline.com/product-page/fisher-s-mobile-assembly-table

So I plan to do inset T-track as well but I’m keeping that for the non cnc side.

The cnc side I plan on doing a spoil board with t-track attached to the work surface.

1 Like