Toolsetter question

Hey Bill,

you know from my private e-mail that I have so much to do at the moment, however what you try to do is on my list for the buildbotics-derived Onefinity controller: To implement a g-code tool setter algorithm for recording bit length on tool change events on the buildbotics-derived controller. It should not be difficult, it is just required to use a variable (variables are called “parameters” in g-code) and to store a value from the last tool change in a user parameter, and there would be an initial tool change required, even if the tool is already in the spindle, just to record the initial tool length of the first tool. Unfortunately unlike other CNC controllers (like the Masso controller), the Buildbotics does not remember values over a power down or an estop.

Recently @Makermatt tried to combine my Aiph5u’s tool change routine with Mike @BNB187’s Bit Setter Macro v2.0 (updated version ) in

this thread.

Unfortunately I did not yet find the time to analyze Makermatt’s tool change routine but he reports that it works for his RapidChange tool change system, but should work for manual tool change also, with popup windows requesting the correct bit by number.

A script like this would use entries both in the ‘program-start’ and the ‘tool-change’ input fields of the SETTINGS page. You may have a look :slight_smile: