Touch probe moving

If the bit is pushing the touch plate when you have a probe speed of 3 (inches per minute) or 75 (mm per minute) then there is likely a sensing problem when the bit touches the touch plate. Please confirm that the magnet is clean and smooth, or the bit is not fouled with sap or burnt. If both are good then try putting the magnet directly on the bit. If this resolves the problem then it is likely that there is excess paint on the collet nut if you are putting the magnet there. Try buffing the flat sides of the collet nut with some find sand paper, scotch bright pad, or steel wool. If the problem persists then double check that the probe wire is connected properly to the probe port on the controller.

1 Like

I been using 2 sided tape a lot on my projects and my bit has gathered the glue from the tape. and caused my probe to do this. I just used acetone to clean the bit. if my probe moves i do recalibration xyz but i also now use a finger and press in the x and y direction on the probe to keep it in place