Trying to decide on Elite vs X50 series before I buy

Hey Sean,

[OT: Onefinity Model Nomenclature]

it’s not you that “invented” this, the manufacturer does this, they say “X-50” or “X-50/X-35” for the Original Series. And it uses this “X-50” not logically, because 1. Elite machines all have X-50 rails too, and 2. Original Series do not only differ from alternatively offering smaller X-35 rails, but in what the two Series differ is by their different CNC controller, not their rails diameter. So what I say, to be consistent and logical at least myself, is

vs.

and I add “machine” or “CNC controller” depending on which part of the entire machine I am talking of, because the relevant thing is usuall NOT THE RAIL DIAMETER but the CNC CONTROLLER USED.

The Onefinity Manufacturer calls the first type of machines that were offered the first two years “X-35/X-50” machines, and the other “Elite Series”, because there are no X-35 rails models on Elite Series:

Also with the advent of the newest and biggest machine, Foreman (48" x 48"), you also have a machine with X-50 and Y-50 rails, while all other machines, including all other Elite Series machines, have 35 mm rails on their Y axes (which I call “Y-35 axes”, while the Onefinity manufacturer never referred to “Y-anything”).

That led to many people first not understanding that the Elite Series Journeyman has a X-50 rail but two Y-35 rails (exactly like Original Series Journeyman, same applies to Woodworker X-50), and it’s only Elite Series Foreman that has 50 mm rails on both X and Y axes.

Also the Foreman (48" x 48") is the only machine that is available only as “Masso-G3-Touch-powered Elite Series” and not available as “Buildbotis-derived Original Series”.