Vectric Post Processors For 10.5 or older versions (Download Links Included)

Chrome. I saved the file in PostP on Carveco but its not showing up after I restart. It saved as a .pp file.

This is for Vectric, not Carveco.

1 Like

Ahhh I missed that part. Thanks

We haven’t released one quite yet for Carveco.

1 Like

@OnefinityCNC HI, I read through all the posts here. As a Shapeoko user, i have the bitsetter. So my understanding the “with probe change” will almost act as a bit setter? Does this mean that i can save a multitool carve all in one file and it will prompt me to change tools?

sort of. It will prompt you to change the tool and reprobe z, but you will have to place the touch probe onto the piece.

OK perfect, will i get to jog the machine to the spot where i want to probe or…?

I think I will be using the Without Probe Change post processor. If we still have to set it does look like it is redundant. But I will get to try it out in 16 days :grin:

So @DustinPatton was just showing me that he saved a file to cut with 2 different tools and he says he’s using the PP “without probe change (Onefinity-inch)” but it did indeed stop and prompt him to change tools and probe Z. Is this how it works with Vectric?

1 Like

send us the file and the gcode and we’ll take a look.
support@onefinitycnc.com

Im having the same issue and cant get ANYTHING to show on Onefinity once I save then pull usb drive out and plug into Onefinity

you don’t install the post processor on the controller, you install it to the program on your computer.

Cant install it period, file unreadable. Computer wont recognize it after download

you don’t install it, you just copy it to the my post p folder in vectric.

Check above from @CruversWorkshop post up in the thread:
In your application data folder you should also see a “My_PostP” folder, or you can create it. Any post processors put in there will be the only ones that show in the dropdown then. For me it makes it much easier than having to filter through all them

2 Likes

After putting into My_PostP folder, you’ll also need to restart VCarve for it to be detected.

Also it doesn’t work on Trail Versions at this time, per my experience.

@OnefinityCNC So i am using the post processor with probe change after every tool path. When it stops after the first tool path, it goes back to the where i set the 0’s to and prompts for a tool change and probe attachment. You cannot jog it or move the Z. It make it VERY difficult to change the tool and doesn’t allow me to jog to a location where i want to probe (probing on the corner of the material - where i set the 0’s is not optimal). Is there anything i am missing?

Here is what i am talking about.

Yes, Its not optimal. I suggest using the no probe, saving each toolpath that uses a different tool to it’s own file, then using the probe buttons on the screen to probe z for each tool. It takes maybe a minute more, but it will give you clearance.

2 Likes

I am not sure if I did the post processing correctly. I went into VCarve Desktop and under the tool path there is install post processor. I clicked on it and it brought up the onefinity file that I just downloaded. I double clicked on the file and it asked if I wanted this to be the default and then it loaded into the post processing of VCarve. I had to go out of VCarve and back in to see it. I don’t have my machine yet but thought I would get everything in order before that