What features would you like to see in 2024?

The Onefinity has built in tramming bolts. You’re asking for a feature that already exists.

3 Likes

Yes I know the ones you’re talking about, but I would like something better so I don’t have to mess with foil shims. Also maybe better placement of the bolts so they’re easier to get to.

I’m going to take the HD Z assembly into a local machine shop and get his opinion. This guy really knows his stuff.

Pony

You don’t need any foil shims and the bolts are very easy to access. Have they changed the tramming mechanism on the elite machines? I got my X-50 trammed in about two minutes. I was blown away by how easy it was compared to machines I’ve owned in the past

1 Like

X-35 with the 80mm HD Z
Upper & lower bolts aren’t the easiest to get to
The only way to tram in Y is with shims unless you know an easier way.
Pony

1 Like

You can see the bolts for tramming front to back in this post.

2 Likes

Thanks NewsVan! Every video on tramming the Onefinity I’ve seen shows using tape or foil and here you come along and tell us about the bolts! LOL Good grief, I just went through the whole tramming process two days ago - taking the bolts out, inserting a different thickness, reinserting the bolts and so on. Got it nailed, but I would have loved to have known about the tramming bolts!

2 Likes

Yes it seems like it’s a well kept secret from how many people were requesting it. Meanwhile the ease of tramming is one of the strongest reasons I picked this machine, so I was very confused!

1 Like

Hey NewsVan,

it’s always good when one knows how to use the forum’s search function

Note that there IS NO means to tram right to left direction on the Onefinity, except loosening the Z assembly screws and repositioning the back plate.

The well-known tramming video of Mitz is here:

3 Likes

Thank you very much! This forum and Vectric are the greatest.
Pony

A timer/alert system that would let you know when it is time to do maintenance based on hours of use would be nice since not everyone uses the machines at the same rate.

2 Likes

A useful idea. Kinda like a Hobbs Meter but with a reminder popup, or even a textable message.

I use a Runleader branded hour meter stuck to the z gantry block for exactly this purpose. Works really well.

2 Likes

I own the X-50 (32" x 32") and would like to upgrade to at least a 48" x 48". Ideally I would like a 96" x 48" area, but at least the ability to upgrade my machine to 48 x 48 before I need to shop for a replacement (I would prefer to stick with Onefinity).

larger webcam view on the buildbotics machines, ever since 1.0.8 they have been getting smaller and smaller. Some of us break the laws and watch the machine from inside the house on long carves

Just tap the webcam picture and it expands larger.

1 Like

yes… earlier versions were much larger when you expanded it

Rolling-folding legs for Foreman size.

1 Like