What features would you like to see in 2024?

I just don’t understand why they don’t sell the y axis. I get it’s expensive, but why can’t you buy it. Oh well if it is $1500. I don’t want to go through the hassle of selling my machine and buying a new one just to get the length.

Hey Stephen,

I think the Onefinity manufacturer will think of this simlarly to what they stated here:

EDIT: Sorry, this is different as it is only a X axis exchange. On this feature request, Onefinity manufacturer stated:

I understand the whole logistics thing but what about an upgrade where you just trade in the entire machine for a new one with the price difference i have a little used journeyman and i want the new elite same size:) LOL now there is some wishful thinking for ya.my machine and 2000.00 for an elite?LOL oh please Santa please LOL

1 Like

Hey Robert, hey @OnefinityCNC, hey all,

If the customers pay a certain amount for an upgrade to one X-50 rail, which is one package, then I assume that those who want an upgrade consisting of two Y-50 rails would be willing pay the double for the logistics since it would be two packages.

For a complete machine, I received three packages, one for X axis, one for left Y axis and one for right Y axis (QCW frame package not counted).

Further reading

A quick button on the main screen to change between desired laser and spindle. Essentially 2 favorites tk toggle between them more easily.

1 Like

I’d def be on board for a “pro” Forman upgrade to the OS journeyman. I’m ok with the BB controller , a jump to line feature and speeds and feeds on the fly would be really convenient but the added size would be the most beneficial to me anyways. The other “pro” features are nice too but I’m mostly on board with trading up my Y rails, actually I’d be on board with some longer tubes and screw if the mounting blocks were same as :wink: .

@OnefinityCNC

+1,000,000 for Rotary for Elite Woodworker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My bad ,when I say upgrade I am talking length , I was under the understanding that the y rails of the foreman were also 35mm they are just longer than the journeyman? I currently have a journeyman and would like to make it a Forman is all I was saying .

That makes ZERO sense. Oh well if it is double the cost.

Hey Espressomatic,

the X axis is identical, the controller too, the Z carriage and the Z assembly / slider too.

The only thing that makes the Journeyman differ from Foreman is that Foreman has two 48" Y rails with 50 mm hollow shafts instead of two 32" Y rails with 35 mm hollow shafts on the Journeyman.

+1 for Rotary for Elite

1 Like

Was just thinking about this… My vfd is not gfci protected as I stated… My new (edited from typo) workshop is all up to current code so I was thinking ‘yep all gfci’ but 220 is not required to have any gfci type protection in NEC and my vfd is 220v

Depends on the code version that has been adopted in your jurisdiction, most are still on 2017 or 2020 which do not require it but in the 2023 code is starting to require it in almost all cases when a receptacle is involved with the language updated to “all 125 to 250v”. Hard wired appliances are generally not covered by the GFCI requirements… yet.

The one that really puzzles me is the requirement for arc fault AFCI protection on a circuit supplying an arc welder… how will that work?

3 Likes

Ewww… Yeah we are 2020 here… Thankfully. I overdo things like electric and like to follow code but there are limits to it being logical

Doh! Yes not a religious but rather a New workshop…

supported continuous rotary device.

I just replaced my 30amp-2pole GFCI circuit breaker with the 20amp GFCI version. Took about 20 minutes total to swap out, and install the twist lock 3 prong 20 amp receptacle… Cost me about 135 with the new receptacle, new house and NEC2023 rules in my town…

+1 for a 43mm motor mount.

3 Likes

I’d like to see a built-in vertical table option for making tenons and so forth. Right now, I’m a buyer choosing between OneFinity Elite and something like the Shapeoko 5, and the Shapeoko’s gantry design that enables vertical machining is tipping me in that direction, even though I otherwise prefer the OneFinity. Yes, I’m sure I can make something myself, but I’d rather have a no-surprise, out-of-the-box solution.

1 Like

Does the Shapeoko have this? I don’t see how anything is “built in” other than the center point of milling extends past the hybrid table. Your work surface would still have to be designed to accommodate this and you’d still need to make some form of clamping system, same as you would on the Onefinity.

I prefer having vertical milling in the middle of the table anyway, so you don’t have to worry about the machine hitting an end stop through a poorly programmed tool path.

I recommend this vertical table design from SpruceKnotLabs. Fits right onto the QCW if you get one, or it’s very easy to integrate onto a normal MDF table top if not.

2 Likes