What joysticks are compatible?

Got my second controller today. Same problem X/Y working no Z. Now I don’t know what to do. Tried to save a couple of bucks. Guess I should have gotten the OFhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CN9Q3MN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

1 Like

Speaking from a guy that now has 3 controllers (2 of which are paper weights) just get the right one, it works out of the box and I’ve had no issues since.

I dropped well over $120 to try and save $10 so for everyone on the fence (can I use this?, or make this work?) speaking from personal experience and lost cash… just go with the OF (recommended) controller and save a ton of time, cash and headache!

-Alex

5 Likes

Though I agree with Alex, the Buildbotics site lists this controller for use: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY

Similar, but not the same as the OF game pad.

-Tom

2 Likes

Here is the official supported model number from OneFinity: ESM-9013 2.4G

WORD OF CAUTION: If you change the color on the options on Amazon, often you are changing the actual model number are buying. I know Camo Blue might not float everyones boat but this one works. Either way scroll down and make sure you are getting a ESM-9013 as the model number, no other option will work correctly!

-Alex

8 Likes

Thanks Alex - looks like a chose correctly and some how ended up with the right model number. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried a Xbox brand controller does it work? I want to buy one and the controller on Amazon is unavailable but I can pick up a xox controller from my local best buy today

1 Like

controllers that work on the buildbotics controller will work. including the Logitech Gamepad F310 and according to support at buildbotics the Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710

Another solution for adjusting the gamepad config on Rasberri PI if you cannot change the mode of the controller is to use this step:

Xbox One controller - wireless - Buildbotics Forum

I followed this and it works.

1 Like

Here is the supported model directly from easysmx - ESM-9013 Wireless Gaming Controller | Black And Blue | EasySMX

Use this coupon and total with free shipping is $29.99 - EASYSMXGIFT

Agreed. I had this lgitec f310bcontroller sitting around. I just plugged it in and it works great. Nice control of x,y and z as well having speed of movement control.

2 Likes

FYI - the EasySMX model ESM-9013 does not appear to be available on the EasySMX website any longer. It did appear on Amazon in a new listing but it looks like the dongle is different. I just ordered one with the original style nano dongle from eBay.

1 Like

I have the same controller " Logitech F310" and have had zero problems, the only downside is, it is wired.

2 Likes

The f710 is wireless…

I just got my ESM 9013 today and it doesn’t work this is the second time that I’ve tried things off of Amazon and the Z still doesn’t work.

Anyone got any ideas other than buying it right from Onefinity which is like $58 with shipping

1 Like

Silly question but you have cycled through the modes on the controller… right?

There are multiple modes that want to try only 1 of them works. Read the manual that came with the remote on how to change them. That should work, everyone I know with that controller has no issue.

-Alex

You’re right I had to keep playing with the modes on it and I finally got it to work thanks Alex

1 Like

Thank you for that - got stupid and broke the dongle had no idea what i need to replace it

1 Like

I purchased the ESM-9013 on Amazon, it came with the dongle that I used also. It worked perfect. It cost $30

1 Like

I bought a wired usb x box controller but it won’t work! What do I need to do?

1 Like