Wood Source in North Carolina

Howdy all this is my first post. I am #16631 so delivery is late July. I have really learned a lot from the forum and gained some knowledge. I would like to know if anyone on here has a good source for wood in North Carolina? I can always go to Home Depot or Lowe’s, but I haven’t seen a large variety or cost effectiveness. I was hoping someone had a “special” wood source they could share.

Thomas

Hi Thomas, what part of NC are you in? If you wouldn’t mind a drive, I may be able to put you in contact with a friend of mine in Bristol, TN that has a mill. Let me know.

There is the hardwood store of NC in gibsonville.

https://www.hardwoodstore.com/

@gad5264 Are you willing to share your contact in TN?

Send me your cell in a PM and I will giver number to him. He said if he does not have what you are looking for, he has other sources in the area.

Are you looking for hobby quantities or commercial quantities (think hundreds of board feet per delivery)?

Where approximately are you located? Mountains , coast, Charlotte metro, Raleigh metro,…?

-Mark

Grant I have family in Bristol. We visit grand babies there often. I would love to talk to him when we go up next time.

I live in Fayetteville and Gibson isn’t too far for a good deal. thanks.

I am def a hobbyist. That may change if I can figure out VCarve. I live in Fayetteville NC near Fort Bragg.

Asheville NC woodworker here with a machine due end of May (13990). I’m open to any wood suggestions!

I’ve found that Jenning’s is able to order 5x5 sheets of good baltic birch.

1 Like

Go see Kurt at Ballash Woodworks on Cedar Creek Rd, just off of Clinton. Excellent guy! Good pricing and will help with any questions you have.

1 Like

Nick, a bit of a drive for you but I use the “Franklin Wood Warehouse” in Franklin NC.

Thanks for the tip!

20 characters

I have an excellent source in my area, which is Hickory, NC. West Penn Hardwoods, 1405 Deborah Herman Rd, Conover, N.C. 28613 828 322-9663. The owner travels the world in search of material and they have an abundance of different wood. From exotic to stardard.

2 Likes