Woodworker cad file

Dave my dust collector is different but the basics if sound deadening is the same. They sell lots of options but they would blow my budget out of the water. I have read that many layer like 6 works very well each layer needs to have some air space between them 1/8 to 1/4” seems to be fine. Just not smushed together. Layers of blankets or towels were used in the testing. They also say that if you are going to have a hard surface in your sound barrier it should be towards the sound souce( not sure about this part til I test it.
The biggest advice I can give you is to download a sound meter app so you can work from a concrete reference point. You will not soundproof this equipment but reduce the sound escaping that work area.
That enough gas bagging
Dave out

The next think I was going to try was gluing 2 pieces of 5/8 inch plaster board together and build an enclosure out of that. I found two references for that on YouTube but I too don’t want to stick money into something that possibly won’t work.

Yes Dave that is a standard part of a sound reduction system. Usually followed by staggered studs with insulation and an off set of the two layers of 5/8” drywall. https://www.lowes.com/pd/2-in-W-x-144-in-L-x-0-5-in-D-RC1-Pro-Galvanized-Steel-Stud/50433096

Let me know what you finally come up with. Thank you for responding

1 Like

This is what I downloaded a while ago - tried for an entire day to get it into Fusion without any luck. I tried to upload to the Forums but it’s too big. If the link doesn’t work let me know.

-Tom

3 Likes

I am late to the table but I took the Sketchup file that cyberreefguru had link to and converted to Fusion360 format .f3d, Its basically a STL file once you open in Fusion360 not a true solid.

Woodworker

Tim

2 Likes

I am waiting to on the 80 mm spindle mount to order but in the mean time I wanted to work on a stand/enclosure design. As such I needed a model…which lead me here.

I wanted to thank everyone on the forum for all the helpful posts - the sketchup model was a big help in getting started but it had some errors like 1" shafts instead of 35 mm. @cyberreefguru I initially downloaded your spoilboard files to use and have added them as a base here. @mkngjoy Your unboxing post helped with all the pictures and measurements.

I used the data I could find and rebuilt in it native Fusion 360 with joints that allow motion. There are certainly lot of errors in the details so I would not use this for any super high accuracy work. For example, I modeled the entire z axis using pictures from the manual as canvases. Note: I do not have a Onefinity yet so verify all dimensions before using them. Seriously - there are a lot of SWAGs. If you notice anything horrible, let me know. I think there is a small issue in the overall heights but I could not find enough data to help me get that perfect.

I have included spoilboard files from cyberreefguru and dragchain files from MuddyFeet Designs ( Drag Chain Cable Raceway for Onefinity CNC by muddyfeet - Thingiverse ) The stl files for the dragchain mounts do not export into the step file but are in the F360 file.

https://grabcad.com/library/onefinity-woodworker-1

6 Likes

Looks amazing - I will definitely download and validate the dimensions as soon as I can.

1 Like

Does anyone happen to have one of the journeyman specifically with the altered mounts

What do you mean altered mounts?

Just to follow up a Journeyman version is now out there. It is more accurate than the woodworker file since I actually have this one on hand. I did not go back and update the parts that are used on both but overall it was some minor changes and better detail in the z axis assembly. Just pull down both models and combine as needed.

https://grabcad.com/library/onefinity-journeyman-1

1 Like

any chance you’ve modeled the qcw by chance?

No, I am very slowly building my own frame.