Working Wireless MPG Pendant

Here is a video of my Elite Foreman with a wireless pendant.

Here is a link to the pendant. You need the 24v receiver, I contacted them directly for the purchase to make sure I got the correct receiver.

Here is a link to the wiring diagram

This this is pretty sweet and no stupid wire to get in my way.

9 Likes

Looks pretty good. It is a bit pricey, though. Guess I’ll have to wear my current pendant out before I upgrade.

1 Like

They make other models at different prices with different features and quality, I just want people to know that there are better option than just the wired version.

it must be a 24v volt version, most are 5v, so be aware.

1 Like

it clearly states that in the original post.

Here is a link to the pendant You need the 24v receiver, I contacted them directly for the purchase to make sure I got the correct receiver.

it’s worth mentioning twice, as 1 out of 2 buyers get the 5v :slight_smile:

1 Like

The smoke is an included feature to let you know you purchased the wrong one.

4 Likes

I should mention that the newest version of the receiver that comes with it is 5v-24v compatible.

There was is a jumper you move to select the pulse voltage. You can see it in this picture.

1 Like

@buzzfab What type of batteries does the wireless MPG use? Thanks for sharing all the details for your setup.
Nicely done.

@BManCan 2AA batteries

1 Like

@buzzfab what is the reason for wiring the input buttons using a pull up resistor? When you configure the input on the Masso does it end up being inverted (low when button pressed). Thx.

You need to wire it to ve+ for pull-up or ve- for pull down.
If it isn’t it will be a floating input and could flicker back and forth between HIGH and LOW

here is s short explaination video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxjerCHCEMg

more info from masso here
https://docs.masso.com.au/quick-start-guides/safe-work-practices

1 Like

I am following on this and contacted the company and got the same MPG and gathered all of the other things I need. I traced the leads on the DB15 so I know which color wire goes with each pin. Long story short - it doesn’t work. Here’s what happens, hopefully someone has some ideas as I am out of them:

I’ve verified all of the connections. When I turn on the MASSO, the LED on the MPG receiver lights up. When I click one of the 2 buttons on the side of the handpiece, I hear a click from the receiver. In Screen 1 on the MASSO, all of the MPG inputs show as LOW(and No in the invert column). When I depress the side button and turn the MPG wheel, I see the Dual Signal - A and Dual Signal - B indicators flicker from LOW to HIGH (green and red) but nothing happens on the machine (and I tested this on Input screen. The MASSO documentation (in the troubleshooting section) describes this flickering as normal: MPG Pendant

I do not see any of the selected inputs on the handpiece go high on the F1 screen - the axis selects do not go high when I turn the knobs on the handpiece nor does the selected resolution show high. All of the inputs show LOW.

When I turn one of the input knobs, I do see the LED on the receiver flicker so that tells me the wireless connection between the handpiece and receiver is working. Even if I got one or several of the connections on the DB-15 wrong, the actual input should show high but I don’t see anything go high. There should always be one resolution select and one resolution select high.

The one difference in my connections is I did not connect the earth wire. I contacted the company and asked about this and a tech replied saying that it is not necessary.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I should also add that after moving the black wire from Estop 2 to Estop 1 on the controller as described, I can not clear the estop. Most likely this is related to the input issue I am trying to resolve in the last post. So, temporarily, I have both the black and green wires connected to the default factory at Estop 2 terminal.

1 Like

Found the problems!

For the inputs not working - turns out that the COM1 that provides V+ (terminal 1 on the receiver) to all of the selection inputs was not attached to the PWR terminal well (the insulation was, well, insulating the connection). That fixed that problem.

Then for the E-stop, close scrutiny of my wiring chart showed me that I connected the E-stop wire incorrectly. I had them connected to terminal 15 (black wire, correct) and 16 (red wire, incorrect!) it should be connected to terminal 18. Both E-stop buttons work properly now.

2 Likes

I am trying to order the wireless pendent. I’ve specified the voltage for power is 24 volts. The technician has asked what the pulse voltage is. I said 24 volts as well. Tech came back and said they have supplied several of these for Onefinity systems and they configure the pulse voltage as 5 volts. The wiring diagram references 5v as I have circled.

Can someone confirm the PULSE voltage is 24 Volts? Thanks.

As long as they provide the newer version of the wireless receiver as shown in previous post, it is configurable for 5V or 24V pulse voltage.
Working Wireless MPG Pendant - #8 by buzzfab

1 Like

Thanks. It sounds like I will want to set the jumper to support 24v pulse voltage.