X rails bolt patterns

Hi everyone, I just received my Elite Forman. When I tried to attach the x rail to the right rail the side connected with no problems, but on the left it has a different pattern for the bolt and different size bolts. I think this is me not see solution. Please let me know if you know what I’m doing wrong

Hey Hosscat,

this sounds strange. Can you post a photo of both X axis feet and both tops of the Y axis carriages?

Here are the pictures. The pattern on the left has 2 different sizes screws one on the outside are smaller than the ones toward the middle. The middle screws Pattern is the same size as the one used on the right side. Thank you

You put the rails in the wrong locations. You put the x rail on the left y rail location. And you put the left y rail in the x location.

1 Like

Hey Hosscat,

have you Read The Fine Manual? Although the Foreman has chrome-plated hardened steel hollow shafts with 50 mm diameter and a 48" length on both X and Y axes, the X axis differs from the two Y axes. One the X axis, there runs the X carriage to which you’ll attach the Z assembly later.

You should follow this video:

1 Like