Left side Y gantry won't go all the way forward

I just got my Elite Foreman in and started assembling it. I get to the step where you have to pull the Y gantrys all the way forward and then put the X rails on top and make them flush. However, the left Y gantry won’t go all the way forward because a couple of bolts prevent them. The right side goes farther forward. Because of this, they aren’t aligned and I can’t make the X rail ends flush. I suspect I will run into the same problem in the back as there is mounting hardware that protrudes further on the left rail as well.

Is it supposed to be like this or were the wrong bolts used when this was assembled at the factory or am I doing something wrong?

It will only let me put one image in a post since I’m new so here is the right side for reference. Much smaller gap.

I do not own the elite however I believe that bolt will later have the mount for the controller added to the front which will correct the issue with the bolt sticking too far though and contacting the Y gantry block.

1 Like

Hey Zero2Sixty,

the bolts stick out because you don’t use the monitor mount.

Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

It would be nice if 1F would updated the assembly documentation to move the section of “screen mount” before the Z axis installation. Then the bolts would not interfere.

I had same issue but figured it out.

@OnefinityCNC - could you please clean up the Elite assembly guides and videos? :slight_smile: I suggest you try and have your staff follow the instructions on a “ready to go” machine. There are quite a few things “not quite as documentation”

1 Like

I know this is 17 days old and you definitely have this solved; but I had the same question last night while assembling my foreman. I figured it out after examining parts not installed and reading the instructions again…but this time looking closer at the photos within the instructions.

At the time of your pictures and subsequent frustration, you did not have the homing sensors installed or the mounting bracket for the monitor installed - no fault of your own by the way. The assembly instructions have not been update. They were accurate prior to 1F making necessary changes for shipping purposes. I believe both initially were pre-installed prior to customers receiving their machines with damage due to shipping.

Only installing the mounting bracket would still allow the x rail to be more forward on the right y rail. Installing both the bracket and the homing sensors force the x rail to be all the way forward and even on the y rails. Hope this helps others.

2 Likes

I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to say that I had this same issue last night when installing my Foreman. I had watched the installation video and was going by the manual, but this issue is still not updated. I reached out to 1F and support just said “it doesn’t matter since you haven’t done the homing sensors yet.” To me that doesn’t really explain it fully, since it makes it seem like the homing sensors might compensate for it (and also the monitor mount wasn’t mentioned). Anyway, I let them know that the videos and OM need an update on this, as well as several other issues I’ve noticed. I offered to help update the manual since I do documentation for my company. Hopefully some of these issues will make their way into the documentation and save others some time in the future. Thanks for posting this because it really helped me!