X50 Journeyman Skews When Homing

Hi everyone, I’m looking for some help here. I have an X50 Journeyman that I bought new a couple of years ago and recently it started getting “skewed” when homing the machine. The right side rail at the back seems to catch a little causing the machine to stop. When it catches, the right side is a little off the left rail (not square). When this happens, I can no longer move the machine and have to reboot it.

I did a full maintenance on it thinking it was getting stuck due to debris. I cleaned and oiled everything and tightened all the bolts, as shown in the maintenance video by OneFinity. Once maintenance was complete, I started it up and it continued to do it again. When I don’t home the machine and just use the joystick controller, it seems to go back and forth fine along XYZ.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to troubleshoot or fix?

I would also check the wiring, if something is loose on one rail it could be losing steps on that side. Does it continue to get worse the longer you use it?

I wouldn’t say it gets worse, but sometimes it’s an issue when carving. The bigger the piece, the more likely something gets out of whack.

Could it be wiring if the joystick controller works fine before homing? This only seems to happen if I home it and if I start from the far back, right rail. I can sometimes overcome it by moving it forward before homing, but that’s just a workaround and not a solution.

+1 for checking your wiring, I recently installed the high torque motors and had the same issue afterwards. After re-doing all the connections the issue went away. My assumption is that it was a faulty connection somewhere.

1 Like