Y-Rails - Rubber Plugs in End

Hi

I asked Support but they told me to ask here. Must be a liablilty thing… I get it.

Has anyone tried to remove the soft rubber plugs in the ends of any of the rails? I am not talking about the plugs with the cable connections.

They feel like a soft rubber plug.

I am hoping to run a cable through one of these rails.

Thanks!

I might be losing my mind, but I don’t recall any soft rubber plugs. I printed some myself to fill the holes.

Edit: How about that, there are plugs in there. They’re recessed and black in a black tube. Never saw them before.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try to take a picture when I get home.

I just felt up in there and it felt like a flexible plug.

Maybe Onefinity will weigh in.

All I want to do is possibly run the wires for a limit sensor through one of the tubes, It is not a big deal.

It would sure be nice if they would just “pop” out rather than complete disassembly which usually seems to be the case in my world.

Thanks again for the reply.

I have them on my Wood worker. I think when I first got the CNC I tried to pull them out but was unable to grab onto anything. I would probably cut/drill a hole the diameter of my cable into the plugs at both ends of the tube, then use my electrical wire pull rod to pull the cable through. You would need to have a bare cable for this to work.

Hey Tom, hey Ziggy, hey all,

If someone has removed the old light cable in the bicycle frame without knotting the new one to it, you can pull in a new cable by inserting a wool thread into one hole and sucking on the other hole with the vacuum cleaner until the wool thread comes out of there again. The new cable is then knotted to the wool thread and pulled in.

1 Like
1 Like

Take one of the screws out of the top and put some air pressure in there.

Oh wow! Thanks for all the replies! Thanks also to Onefinity!

I can do as suggested and simply drill through the plugs and pull the wire through. As I keep studying the problem, it turns out I may not need that sensor at the back. That is the subject for another thread though.

Great suggestions on using string and air pressure. That is how I clean the tubing on my water cooled computer. I blow a string through it and then tie on to my cleaning gauze.