Z axies with 89mm mount

I have the woodworker model onefinity on order. I am not a fan of the Makita 701 router due to it being limited
to 1/4" bits. At present buying a spindle is not an option due to monitory considerations even when an 80mm
spindle mount is available. I do however have a Porter Cable Model 890 router which is at present being
under used. This is a 2&1/4hp machine and has collets that will accept both 1/4 & 1/2" bits and after market collets are available to expand this to 1/8,5/16 and 3/8" as well. Is there anyone out there who would like to see an 89mm mount as I quite understand it is not commercially viable for a company such as onef to make a product unless there is real market for it. The ability to use 1/2" shank bits would be especially usefull when working in very hard woods or aluminum as they are 4 times less likely to flex than a 1/4" bit.

2 Likes

Not happening any time soon. The first will be the 80mm mount for the larger spindles.

I first thought of a typo in the title, but ultimately no. I look forward to a solution for an 80mm mount.
Let’s do a survey to know about the market…

I made a custom mount for my 890 - works great, better bit selection, and it’s a much nicer motor than the Makita compact router (and I don’t have a need for a spindle motor yet).