Z axis will not lower

I am new to CNC so am still learning. I have had the Onefinity for a month. I am trying to cut a project. I homed it and zeroed the X,Y and Z on the left corner. I loaded the file and pressed play. It turned yellow and said holding. I pressed play again and the CNC moved to position but the Z did not go down. It made the motions of cutting but stayed an inch above the wood,. what am I doing wrong?

Mostl likely your zero is not as you expect it.
What CAM software are you using?

When i first started mine up I had extended my wiring and didnt realize there is a crossover on wiring for z axis. Did you do anything with the wiring?

My z would go up and click at the top

I would second what @AndyP said. In your CAM software you probably have your Z zero point on the bottom of the workpiece and when you zeroed it on the CNC you used the top of the workpiece. Verify your origin in the CAM application and zero on the same point.

Im using Carbide Create.

Yes I zeroed it on the waste board in both instances. i also tried zeroing it beneath the waste board today and it still tried to cut 3/4" above the wood. Do I need to reset something?

No I dont think so. I will check

Thank you for all your suggestions .I will double check my settings and try again

I’m having the same problem. I reset my 1F, homed and then probed xyz using my axis probe. Before running toolpath I re-probed z axis with the axis probe upside down in the general area that is to be milled out. like David it performs the xy motion but hovers above my stock