ZER.0 tool setter

Before I invest too much time in this project who would be interested in a tool setter for the Elite?

I designed this to be plug and play through a Molex connector on the MASSO and only needing a couple changes to the settings to enable the tool, location and behavior. No power goes to the tool setter and there is no overtravel Estop.

The QCW model mounds to the front of QCW with a bolt and sits below the wasteboard so its out if the way and is less prone to damage. The surface mount model at 1" tall mounts where ever is convenient for you through .25" holes spaced 2" apart. The cable can be routed through the toolsetter base and under the wasteboard so it’s out of the way.

I had a tool setter on my Shapeoko and it is very useful, accurate and something I will now get a lot of use from on the Onefinity.

4 Likes

I would be interested. Thanks

1 Like

What accuracy are these button type setters rated at? I would be interested since onefinity is taking so long.

I used the same button on my shapeoko. Its very accurate. Here are some touch tests.

Definitely interested

1 Like

Between $40 to $60 plus shipping. I will probable list them on Etsy for buyer protection and ease of ordering.

2 Likes

yes unless 1F pulls a kitten and a rabbit out of the hat very soon - i’m in too. :slight_smile:

For those of us one the other side of the pond could you make a DIY version like RowdyRoman does? So sell the parts lists and STL files?

/k

1 Like

That may be something I will look into. The only difficult part of a DIY version is the micro molex connector. Its very small and requires a special crimping tool to secure the connector pins.

2 Likes

Super -

You can buy the Micro-Molex 3.0 2 pin’s ready made - but not the right length - but a splice should be ok.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s who I ordered mine through. After crimping and soldering a couple connectors myself I decided to look for ready made ones I could splice into.

I would be very interested in one

1 Like

What version are you interested in? I will hope to have 20 ready to send out this week.

Count me in! Just got my Elite setup and I think this would make tooling easier,

1 Like

Put me down for a flat mount version!

Yes it will. It will save you time after a bit change too

I would be interested! A lot…

2 Likes

i would be interested too - dependent on shipping cost to UK?

1 Like

I am interested - where can I buy?

1 Like

From what I can find it looks like shipping to the UK will be around $20 through USPS. If you message me your zipcode Ill be able to get a better estimate.

Ill be listing them on Etsy this week. I will only have 20. DashMadeWoodworking - Etsy

If you go here and vote on the model you want it will help me order enough supplies for the next run

1 Like