Onefinity is excited to announce the EAZY-Z Tool Setter

11/30/23

Onefinity is excited to announce the EAZY-Z Tool Setter

The Onefinity EAZY-Z Tool Setter is an all metal, low profile, dust proof, highly accurate, plug and play automatic tool offset probe for your Onefinity CNC. The Onefinity EAZY-Z Tool Setter makes it easy to run jobs using multiple tools without the need to stop and probe manually.

Designed without gaps or seams on the top surface, helping prevent dust and debris from getting inside the Tool Setter.

Can be used with any size Cutter, including large surfacing bits.

Have a QCW? Install the included QCW Tool Setter mount for a quick, simple and clean installation.

The low profile design allows for use with your Dust Shoe when used with the QCW Mount or when placed on your table. There’s no need to re-think your dust collection setup just because you added a Tool Setter.

Important Note: The Eazy-Z is currently for Elite Machines Only.

Important: The EAZY-Z will go on sale December 4, 2023 at 10am EST. A limited number of EAZY-Z Tool Setters with ship before Christmas. First orders will start shipping in 2-3 weeks.

Eazy- Z Tool Setter

Important Note: The Eazy-Z Tool Setter will go on sale December 4, 2023 at 10am EST!

Check out our promotional video and installation video below!

4 Likes

This appears to have a flat base so that it could be used as a moveable Z probe for those of us who set Z-zero on top of our workpieces. Would this unit function in that capacity? Looks nice!

It will not work in this configuration. It doesn’t set your Z zero point but rather sets an offset for the stickout of the tool so the machine knows where it is relative to the material.

1 Like

Understood, thank you for the clarification.

They just keep taking my money… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Will this work with an X-50 that is getting an Elite upgrade or only for “originally Elite” machines?

yep, once you make your machine an ‘elite’ with the kit, it will work.

Will there be a mount for the QCW that lowers it below the plane of the waste board?

Please see the video.

I may have to give one of these a try anyway, for the price. Electrically, it’s identical to my homemade Z probe I’m using now, but a lot nicer.

Sweet! What is keeping this from being compatible with the X-50?

the buildbotics firmware and available ports on the buildbotics controller.

Does this tool setter have over travel protection similar to the wiring example shown on the Masso site? (see attached pic)

Due to the port only have two wires, it does not.

Buildbotics question

Would it be possible to create some sort of relay switch operation to switch from an xyz probe to a Tool setter so you could use the same buildbotics input for both probes?

1 Like

How tall is this tool setter ?

Hey Auntjemimma,

you can wire the (first switching stage) of a tool setter to the probe input (ground to ground). What the buildbotics lacks is a g-code routine for driving a tool setter. It supports a tool table though. The firmware does not offer a tool setter functionality. There were however attempts to write such a routine that were discussed in the forum :wink:

1 Like

If i ever go to a QCW frame, is there a version that will keep it lower for tiling? I know some want the max height for cutting, but most of use will NEVER use the full height of the z20 and would love to have iut out of the way for pass through work operations.

the (BLB)-Be Like Bill , and stay out of the way upgrade.

1 Like

No, but you can simply remove it when tiling and ‘turn it off’ in the software, tile, then attach it back on with one bolt and ‘turn it back on’ when tiling is done.