1/16EM V carve settings

I am working on a Makecnc patterns and i think im going to need to use my 1/16th bit to cut out plywood. thickness is about .2 of a inch and smaller. i dont want to brake any bits:) please check my 1/16th settings for this and tell me if they are correct. Please, And Thank you. bit settings.JPG - Google Drive

Looks good for most normal bits. DOC = 50% diameter; feed rate seems reasonable. My 0.625 bits have a cut depth of 0.3 or so, so 0.2 should be fine if the bits are similar.

-Tom

do they make a 1/16th compression bit that will cut .20" thick? poplar plywood. I ran them settings on .13" plywood it did fine I thought anyway. but i dont think my 1/16th bit can do max out at .18** I found a long reach bit but i would like a compression bit i think…

Hi @St0mp - here are a couple I found:

Good luck!

-Tom

1 Like

Should i move to a 1/8th collet? here is the bit i am looking at 425-DNC062LR DownCut 2FL Spiral Bit 1/16- w/1/4 LOC & 1/2LOR : Bits & Bits was hoping to find in a compression bit though…

Hi @St0mp - not sure I’ve seen a 1/16" compression bit (but I’ve never looked for one). I would go with the largest shank you can - it provides more stability and strength.

-Tom

1 Like