10.8" Monitor Stand

Phil, I really like your design, I will be using it as a basis for my own design. Great Job!
I do have some questions, the bearings are 1 inch ID and you say you used 1 inch pipe, did you mean 3/4 inch? The 3/4 conduit/pipe I have is like 1.070, did you turn down the diameter to fit? You also mentioned wiring through center, did you use electrical fitting inside? Lastly, the casters look pretty nice with integrated leveling feet, where did you find them? The Harbor Freight side car cabinet is now $250, but comes in many different colors.
I think this forum needs another category for table/cabinet design. Many of us are patiently waiting for their machine and need these ideas to ready for their build.

Hi Joel,

Thanks!
I happened to have a 1" OD stainless steel pipe that had approximately a 3/4" ID, so I just chose a bearing mount designed to support a 1" diameter pipe. I didn’t have to turn the pipe down to get it to fit. The pipe was smooth inside, so I don’t have to be concerned with the wires getting chaffed. Finding an HDMI cable that would fit in the pipe was a little bit of a challenge, but I found this one on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Ethernet-Compatible-Nintendo-PlayStation/dp/B00QV6Y0X0/ref=sr_1_4?crid=30JP2BX6B2MNJ&dchild=1&keywords=270%2Bdegree%2Bhdmi&qid=1635701039&s=electronics&sprefix=270%2Bdegree%2Bhdmi%2Celectronics%2C93&sr=1-4&th=1
You may need to shave a little off of the straight end of the cable to get it to fit in the pipe, but it worked very well for me and the angled end is great.
Unfortunately I can’t suggest a place to get a piece of pipe like the one I used. The one I got happened to be a piece of scrap from where I work. The same is true of the casters. I work in the semiconductor industry and these casters are pretty common, so they were something I had just laying around. The casters are made by Takigen. I found a sight that has a caster about like the ones I used. They’re a little pricey, but it may give you a lead. https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221004902897/?HissuCode=K-100AF-50-R
I based a lot of my design on the Fisher Shop design and decided to go with the Harbor Freight tool box because I felt like it provided more usable space and thought it wouldn’t cost as much as the wood and hardware to make the cabinet. https://www.fishersshoponline.com/product-page/fisher-s-mobile-assembly-table

Hopefully this helps with your project.
Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Regards,
Phil

1 Like

This might work

That does look like it would do the trick!
At 36" long, I guess 2 would need to be welded together.

Cut it in half and use a piece for each side.

That would work, but a full length would be more ridge.

Yes, I would need something like 6 foot for the Journeyman. Probably design with 1 inch schedule 40 pipe and 3D print the pivot points.
I was hoping to build something that would fit in a garage niche, so I can roll out of harms way. Might have to forget the cabinet on the side and box in the backside. Wanted to have space for VFD , cooling, SSRs outlets, the cabinet would have been nice place for my touch screen as well.
Thanks for all the input guys, ship date says next week, but we will see what happens.