1F Flip Table To Save Space

Hi Alphonse! The machine arrived and it is mounted but not wired up nor is cooling setup for the spindle. I do have some learnings though:

1. You have to have the castors in the locked position or the stand will roll away from you as you tilt it
  2. I realized that the table could tilt on its own so I added locks to the underside (photos later). This really beefed it up and it is surprisingly more stable than I thought
  3. The single legs on each side (the drawing shows 2 on each side) work as intended but I agree with Alden that it is a little flimsy so I’m going to work on that some. However, it is very sturdy as is with just these 2 legs. I just want it to “feel” better when I extend the legs out
  4. This thing is really heavy once this beautiful machine is attached! As long as you can handle about 50 pounds or so, you can tilt the table with it mounted. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO TILT IT WITHOUT THE CASTORS BEING LOCKED!!!
  5. I was going to always store it with the spindle at the top so I don’t accidently “kick” it when walking around the shop. However since the spindle is so heavy, the Z frame slides down to the bottom along the Y axis on its own. I guess that’s where it will stay

As I build onto it with the controller, water tubing and all wiring, including a laser, I will post images. If it helps anyone, including in my mistakes, that’s a blessing!

And kudo’s to the Onefinity team for having the best customer service anywhere! These guys are awesome!!

7 Likes