Fold Down Wall Mounted CNC Table

Hi Guys, Lee over in Scotland,

My Onefinity arrived last week and as I have a very small workshop I designed and built a wall-mounted fold away system which lifts the table as it folds, it is very sturdy and takes my body weight and the machine no issues.

I thought I would share the build video here in case anyone else had limited space - secondly, the video has alternative designs for this system so you dont have to follow this format, it is the mechanics of the design that allow you to fold the table away so if you do want this, just copy the mechanics.

Eventually, when I get time I will upload schematics, right now I am learning to use the machine.

2 Likes

Great build, Lee! I will probably not fight with lack of space, but will definitely keep this great idea in mind. Enjoy your machine, I must wait till July…

1 Like

Lee,
This post is awesome thank you for such a wonderful contribution to this forum. The design is wonderful. Sharing your thought process was great. I am eager to see the unit complete with the CNC mounted.
Thank you
Dave

2 Likes

The wait goes quick enough! It’s using it once it arrives, big learning curve

If I was going to build a tilting table I would have it go the opposite way. When tilted up the 1F would be between the wall and the tabletop. That way it’s protected from something bumping into it. Also, unless you built a torsion box table, you could store small stuff on the underside of the table like clamps. It could pivot on an axle (piece of pipe) about 18" from the end of the wall side of the table with feet that fold down onto the floor.

I don’t have to worry about bumping into it, I don’t bump into anything else in my workshop. Its the ideal set up for me and is yet to be improved on with storage, the tables with legs are no where near as solid as a right angled armature, folding it into the wall over complicates the mechanics of the design and you cant use the machine when it’s facing a wall, this set up allows the machine to be run whilst upright,

I see what you mean and that alternative might work for you, but I’m definitely happy with it as is.

Lee
based on your drawings done for your table,you already have a fantastic handle on computer graphics. i love the set up and running it in the vertical will be very interesting. the led light panels are great. very nice . keep us posted.
dave

1 Like

I do CAD design for engineering, I was also a practical engineer for a long time as well as a carpenter, while I know the software, and have used machines the CNC router specific side of things is fairly new but I plan on creating tutorials as I learn it all, bitesize stuff,

What I will say regarding the table is that the mechanics are about two stages more complex than it needs to be, it is possible to make it far simpler, I made it that way just to save materials and use what I had.

Thank you for your comments

Lee

1 Like