My custom table design (in-progress)

My dilemma is should I start building this table while waiting for my CNC or wait for it so I can get the final fitting and modification.

Key design features:

• Foldable to save space if not use.
  • Rollable/Movable for easy relocation.
  • Back panel opening so can put larger materials that only require partial CNC.
  • Serves as a multi-purpose table similar to Festool MFT. I can use it to extend my MFT so I can easily rip 4x8 plywood.
  • Reduce noise.
  • Removal BenchDog tops for easy maintenance on the CNC.
  • Some build-in storage.
  • Foldable legs support for stability.
  • Cable routing through the pivot points. I’m most likely gonna design and 3D print some custom parts for this.
5 Likes

Wow!!! Nice job. Love the concept!

Looks nice but you will need a broader base with solid support to withstand the rapid moves of the machine.

There are actually 2 foldable feet at the back but I still need to beef the platform of the CNC base.

While I love the concept, my fused together back would be killing me if I had to stoop over to reach in there all of the time to place material to carve.

That’s probably one of the disadvantages especially for tall people. :smiley:

I need to lower it so the benchdog top is the same height as my Festool MFT table which is 35 1/2 inches.

What are you planning for work piece clamping? I think @alden meant th base of the box not just legs. As it is now the bottom looks like it’s just plywood and the weight of the cnc wouldn’t be supported. To make the enclosure easier to flip I would get a model of the cnc and find it’s position when it’s fully parked back.
(I read somewhere in the forum that Onefinity does not recommending storing elite series machines in the flipped up state becuase of the stepper motors, however I think parking it fully in the back would probably be fine)
Put you’re pivot points right under that position, or a bit further back to avoid having the enclosure flip while you’re machining. I would also put the pivot points on the base itself since they will need to be able to support the full wieght of the machine. I also wouldn’t be suprised if those casters you’re using allow the cart to move around while the machine is operating. I don’t know for sure though but I would get beefier ones just to be on the safe side.